Saturday, May 6, 2017

Easter 2017

Easter is my very favorite holiday, and this one - Betsy's first - was one of my favorite Easters yet!  My office closes on Good Friday, so having all day with my best girl was the perfect way to kick off our weekend.

  Thanks for our cute Easter banner, Annie! 

We dyed Easter eggs just the way I remember doing it growing up - in coffee cups.  In my family, we also have a tradition of dying one "ugly egg" by combining all the dyes at the end.  The Easter Bunny always made sure that the ugly egg was the hardest to find on Sunday morning, and, of course, the ugly egg was always the one my sisters and I tried hardest to find.  The finder had a year's worth of bragging rights.  Austin and I haven't made it a point to dye eggs at Easter since we've been married, but this year with Betsy seemed like the perfect time to start.  I can't wait for egg dying fun with her in years to come!



 not sure what happened to our little orange egg :(


Saturday morning we decided to do a little indoor egg hunt "with Betsy."  Ha!  Of course she had no idea what was going on, but Austin hid the eggs upstairs, and Betsy and I hunted them, and then I took a turn hiding downstairs for Austin and Betsy.  Betsy probably thinks we're crazy, but Austin and I had fun at least!  

We ventured out on Saturday afternoon to a local toy store to pick up some last minute additions to Betsy's Easter basket.  We settled on some new books and had fun browsing.

On Saturday evening we met our friends Chris and Spenser and their adorable little boy, Jackson, for dinner.  We have been trying to get together with them for ages, so it was nice to finally get to catch up!  We always love seeing them, and both babies did great while at the restaurant.

Sunday morning we gave Betsy her Easter basket and got ready for a great morning at church.  Betsy did excellent in the nursery, and Austin and I enjoyed visiting with our friends in Sunday School and hearing the amazing music and a great sermon in big church.  After church, we all napped, and Austin grilled us delicious steaks later that night to go with a spring veggie pasta I made.

 books, precious book plates, and the sweetest calling cards

 
 one more pic with the bunny rattle from Porter added in for good measure



 
It was a wonderful Easter weekend, but as good as these sweet memories with my family are, the best part about Easter is the celebration of our Savior's resurrection and the promise of eternal life in Him.

"The angel said to the women, 'Do not be afraid; for I know that you are looking for Jesus who has been crucified.  He is not here, for He has risen, just as He said.  Come, see the place where He was lying.'" Matthew 28:5-6

 



3 comments:

  1. What a precious Easter basket, and I love the "ugly egg" tradition. We might be implementing that next year...! ;) I love that y'all hunted Easter eggs with her at home, even though she had no clue. Brandon always laughs at me for doing that with the boys, but I always tell him, "You have to start sometime!" :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. LOVE that y'all had an Easter egg hunt with Betsy...something y'all will always remember. She looks so cute with her adorable Easter basket, and I am loving your dress and earrings- so cute!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a sweet, sweet Easter! I love that you're keeping the egg tradition with Betsy! So fun y'all tried to find them :) Love her Easter dress - it's so pretty!

    ReplyDelete