Sunday, April 2, 2017

Celebrating 30 and Other Spring Fun

Now that I've gotten Betsy's four month update posted (albeit three weeks late...), I don't want to let too much time pass without a little life update.  We are falling into a good rhythm with me being back at work, and I am so happy Betsy seems to be thriving at the lady's house who keeps her during the day.  Weekends and evenings have become so much sweeter, and we're trying our best to savor every minute with our little family.


Betsy's first ride down the slide!



I've been dying for her to wear this bird bubble ever since Lindsay gave it to me at my baby shower in September.  Hello spring! (And hello thigh rolls!)



Thank goodness for Babiators on sunny walks!


In March, I celebrated my 30th birthday with a delicious brunch at home with Austin, Betsy, and my parents.  It was the perfect Saturday morning, and I loved ringing in a new decade surrounded by my favorite people.  Mom outdid herself with the menu: tart shells made of granola and filled with yogurt and berries, roasted potatoes topped with parsley and cheese, sausage and grits casserole, and kicked up avocado toast topped with a fried egg.  Austin and my dad ran out after brunch and came home with 12 yummy cupcakes from Society Bakery (my favorite!) that were the perfect birthday sweet treat.



My actual birthday was on a work day, and Austin surprised me by showing up at my office mid-morning with a beautiful flower arrangement and 30 decorated sugar cookies for my office.  Then, the weekend after my birthday, we went to dinner at Trip and Lindsay's house, and Lindsay made me an amazing chocolate birthday cake.  Aside from seeing Preston and Betsy twinning in their plaid, the cake was my favorite part of the night!  I also squeezed in a birthday lunch date with Katey - such a fun March tradition as we celebrate our birthdays only two weeks apart.  She recently introduced me to Bird Bakery, and oh my word, it is my new favorite lunch spot.  







We got a new bed and bedding in late February, and a new bed also meant we were in need of new bedside tables.  A few weekends ago we popped into a few furniture stores between naps for Betsy and were happy to stumble upon the perfect pair.  I love them and can't wait to replace the two dressers in our room to complete the transformation.


Easter decorations went up about a month ago, and I will probably leave them up until the end of April.  I just love spring and the Easter season.


My grandmother came to visit us last weekend and got to meet Betsy for the first time!  They took right to each other, and we had a great weekend together.  GJ is a retired librarian and loves books more than anyone I know, so it was extra special seeing her read several books to Betsy while she was here.




We are gearing up for a big month in April with a trip to College Station for Mary Katherine's Ring Day on the horizon, Easter, and Betsy's baby dedication at the end of the month.  And I'll leave you with Betsy's new bonnet for spring and summer.  I'm dying for her to wear it very soon!


Happy spring to all!

3 comments:

  1. Y'all are just the cutest family!! Little Miss. Betsy is killing me with those cheeks...too cute! Love your spring decor- I pulled ours out in early March and they will probably stay up until the end of April too. Where is your grey hutch from? I absolutely love it! I've been looking for one for our dining room for months and keep coming up empty handed. Love the banner on it also. So sweet that Betsy got to meet her great grandmother for the first time!! Her new bonnet is the cutest thing I have seen all day!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a wonderful birthday celebration!! Betsy is so stinking adorable! So glad y'all have all done well with your transition to work - sounds like you've got a great setup!That bonnet is so precious!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Such a fabulous birthday celebration! That brunch looks delicious; your mom is seriously THE best cook! And, Brandon proposed to me with Society Bakery cupcakes. They have a special place in my heart for sure! (Not to mention they're absolutely delicious!)

    ReplyDelete