Sunday, April 2, 2017

Betsy is Four Months!

Oh my goodness, I can't believe how much Betsy has grown and changed this month!  I just looked back at her three month post, and it seems like ages ago and like yesterday at the same time.  Month four was a big one with me returning to work.  I was so nervous to leave Betsy, but after being back at work for just over a month now, things are going great for Betsy and for me, and we are embracing our new normal.


Stats

At her four month appointment on March 23, Betsy weighed 14 lbs and 2 oz (51%), she measured 25 inches long (68%), and her head circumference was 41 cm (57%).  She got two shots and did not shed a tear - such a little champion!  We were shocked and of course so proud.

Eating

Betsy is still a great eater, and this month she has really been consistent with her eating schedule.  She eats at 6:30 a.m., 10:00 a.m., 2:00 p.m., at around 5:30 p.m. when I get home from work, and before bed at around 7:00 or 7:30 p.m.  It will be nice to combine those two evening feedings into one, but we're not quite there yet.

My mom came and stayed with Betsy for the first week and a half of me returning to work, and Betsy did great taking a bottle from her twice a day.  When Mom went home and Betsy started going to the lady's house who keeps her during the day, she absolutely refused to take a bottle for the first day and a half, but by the afternoon of day 2, she took the bottle just fine and hasn't had a problem since!

Sleeping

The lady that keeps Betsy is a total baby whisperer and has taught Betsy to put herself to sleep and has successfully broken any attachment Betsy had to the paci (admittedly, she was never in love with the paci, but she had developed a dependence on it to fall asleep).  Betsy naps three times a day (at around 8:00 a.m., 11:00 a.m., and 3:00 p.m.) and sleeps from 7:30 p.m. - 6:30 a.m. at night.  Usually two of the naps are about an hour long and one nap is longer - closer to two hours.

Awake Time

Betsy still loves reading books and going for walks, and we try to do as much of those two activities as possible on the weekends.  We got her an exersaucer this month, and she adores it.  It is so nice that she can entertain herself in it while we're eating dinner or just tending to things in the kitchen.





This was day one in the exersaucer - she did not know quite what to make of it at first!  Austin has enjoyed putting her in her doorway jumper a few times, too.  I think the picture below was from her inaugural bounce session.


Highlights

The biggest highlight of month four that comes to my mind is how beautifully Betsy transitioned to going somewhere ever day while I'm at work.  I was so anxious about how long it would take her to get used to this new phase of life, but she has taken right to it.  I am so thankful to know that I'm leaving her in good hands every day and that this change has not changed Betsy's happy, smiley demeanor in any way.

Other highlights from this month include a trip to the Arboretum with Lindsay and Preston, lots of sweet laughs, and the ten days Annie spent with us when I started back to work.









We love you more and more each day, sweet girl!

2 comments:

  1. I can't believe she is already four months! She looks like such a happy baby, I love her smile in all the pictures. What a blessing that she transitioned so well and quickly once you went back to work!

    ReplyDelete
  2. She is such a doll, Emily! That picture of her in the bath with those bright eyes just melts my heart!

    ReplyDelete