Wednesday, January 4, 2017

Sweet Baby Betsy is Here!

We were completely overjoyed to welcome our sweet little Betsy on November 11.  Our lives have been forever changed in the very best way, and we have had a wonderful holiday season adjusting to life as a family of three.  I couldn't get too far into 2017 without blogging about the best part of our 2016.

Betsy was born on Friday, November 11, and all of our family was able to make it to Dallas to meet her very late that night.  We had a great hospital experience but were so happy to come home on Sunday, November 13.  Since then, we have fallen more in love with this little lump of sugar every day!

I'm hoping to do monthly updates on the blog but will probably have start those with her two month birthday next week.  A few highlights from Betsy's first month of life: she celebrated her first Thanksgiving with Austin's side of the family in Dallas, she spent a lot of time gazing at our Christmas tree and was totally obsessed with it, we enjoyed several walks in our neighborhood thanks to mild "fall" temperatures in Dallas, and we were completely spoiled with lots of meals and visits from our church family.  And now I'm going to post enough pictures to make up for my lack of blogging since September (!).

We loved working with Molly Coulter for Betsy's newborn photos just before Thanksgiving.  My mom (Betsy's "Annie") made her bow swaddle, and we put her in one of my Feltman dresses for a few shots.  

 





 

Betsy's nursery is by far the happiest room in our house and our favorite place to be these days.  I'm so thankful that I love her room so much, because we spend so much time in there each day.  We are thankful to our friend Tony and his dad for installing the shiplap in Betsy's nursery and to our Annie for the window treatments, mobile, "Betsy" banner, and dust ruffle.  I couldn't be happier with how her room turned out, and I hope Betsy grows to love it as much as I do!






Betsy had her own baby Christmas tree in her nursery during the month of December, and I was so sad to take it down!  Annie started a tradition of gifting Betsy a smocked ball ornament each year, and Austin's mom ("Mimi") crocheted her the cutest little bootie ornament.  I also hung some of Betsy's precious smocked shoes on her tree since they were still too big for her in December.


And finally, here are some of my favorite pictures from our first few weeks with our girl...

Meeting Aunt Mel and Aunt MK at the hospital



So ready to head home from the hospital!

In front of  the tree - Betsy's favorite spot

 

LOVING bath time
 
So happy to cheer for the Cowboys with Daddy!

Meeting Mammo and Pop

First fire of the season




Loving time with Grandma and Mammo at Annie's house

Hanging with Daddy while I was at Aunt Mel's baby shower.


After our first walk with Preston and Lindsay!  
These two have lots of fun times ahead in the church nursery.  


Swinging and watching the ducks at the park in our neighborhood.


 A little overwhelmed by all the yummy food Annie made at Christmas!

One month photo shoot in another vintage Feltman dress.

Bundled up on a cold January day.



Thrilled to be sporting such a darling pair of corduroy overalls!


I have a 2016 recap post in the works and hope to finish it up during a nap time very soon.  Thinking back on 2016, I'm a little sad that I basically let blogging fall by the wayside.  Hoping to post with a little more regularity in 2017 as I love having our memories documented on the blog.  

4 comments:

  1. I love these photos so much!! They're so adorable and y'all seem to be doing amazing! The newborn pictures are fantastic and her nursery is so pretty! Your mom is soo talented!

    ReplyDelete
  2. So sweet, Emily! Betsy is adorable, and I see so much of Austin and your dad in her. Her nursery is just precious! (And we love that AngelCare tub over here, too!)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Emily, I was able to see some pictures of sweet Betsy last night when I saw your mom. She is just beautiful and I am so happy for your family!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Sweet Betsy! Congratulations to you and Austin, she is absolutely precious. All of these pictures are adorable and of course, you are looking great! Your Instagram pictures are always so cute. The nursery is beautiful, I love the shiplap and her bedding!! So happy for y'all!

    ReplyDelete