Friday, December 11, 2015

Thanksgiving 2015

This Thanksgiving was wonderfully relaxing and dampened only by the fact that I was sick for our entire visit with my family.  As luck would have it, I started feeling a little off on Wednesday afternoon, and I progressively got worse on our trip to my parents' house that evening.  A Thursday morning visit to an urgent care clinic for a steroid shot that helped a tiny bit, and I did get to enjoy Thanksgiving lunch (what I could taste was delicious as usual!) and lots of laziness on Thursday afternoon.



We took a few pictures Thursday afternoon, and Mom, Mel, and I all had high hopes of getting a shot for our respective Christmas cards.  I think we got some good ones.  Thursday was rounded out with two of our favorite games: Headbanz and Shanghai.  




Friday, we headed to The Woodlands so that Austin and I and my grandparents could see Melanie and Clark's new house (not that new any more, but none of us had seen it yet)!  It was adorable, just as I expected, and I can't wait to go back.

December is absolutely flying by, and I can't believe Christmas is so close.  Since Thanksgiving, we've been busy shopping, wrapping, and decorating.  We're celebrating Christmas early with my family, so I'm off to wrap a few more gifts!  Hoping to pop in next week with some peeks of Christmas at our house.           

4 comments:

  1. Deviled eggs are some of my favorites!!! Love your group photos!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your Thanksgiving day pictures turned out so well! It's no fun to be under the weather over a holiday but looks like you made the best of it :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a bummer you weren't feeling well :/ You look adorable though and glad you were able to get some delicious food!

    ReplyDelete
  4. It looks like you guys had a delicious meal. I think that is probably my favorite holiday. I don't know, there is just something that is more family oriented about Thanksgiving than even Christmas. It feels like Christmas has become more about the presents and people are not really interested in spending time with one another as much as previously.

    Coleman Lindner @ U.S. HealthWorks South San Francisco

    ReplyDelete