Sunday, September 27, 2015

So Long September

September, where have you gone?  I can't believe it is almost October; if only the weather would catch up with the calendar.  Since I last popped in here on the blog, I've done two things I do every year about this time when I am desperate for cooler temperatures: (1) have my first PSL of the year and (2) make red beans & rice for the first time to "kick off fall."  Unfortunately, neither worked, and we're still "enjoying" temperatures in the nineties.  We may have had to crank the air down a bit while eating our RB&R, but it was totally worth it.      

Last week, in another attempt to usher in fall, my friend Kylee and I went on a little acorn expedition at our neighborhood park all in the name of fall centerpieces for our tables in Sunday school.  The acorns were abundant, and we threw these little guys together in no time.  They debuted this morning and were a big hit.  I have a slight acorn obsession, and I could not be any more thrilled to have such a huge supply right at my fingertips.  Especially these fat guys with perfect little caps - I die!


We celebrated Austin's birthday on Friday... well Austin celebrated by taking off work and playing golf with some buddies, I celebrated by working.  I did manage to fulfill his request for carrot cake cupcakes though.  Ignore the pink candle...totally spazzed on that.  Thankfully, he was distracted by the cream cheese icing and didn't seem to mind.
 

This morning we said good-bye to Mary Katherine and two of her friends after hosting them for the weekend.  They were so adorable, and our house feels a little empty without them here now!  MK, Courtney Ann, and Gretchen drove up Friday afternoon and were here with Austin waiting for me when I got home Friday.  We sent Austin off to his football game and enjoyed muffalettas, Scrabble, and Austin's birthday cupcakes.

Saturday morning the girls had big plans to head to the State Fair of Texas and then to Northpark for the day.  How darling are they?



Austin and I stayed back, relaxed at home, and fixed the girls some treats for that night before we abandoned them to go to the A&M game.  The only photogenic thing on the menu was this veggie tray with homemade ranch dip.  The girls also got pigs in a blanket, spinach and artichoke dip, and funfetti cookies for their game watching enjoyment.


Austin's birthday weekend turned out to be a little more exciting than we anticipated when some friends from our Sunday school class invited us to the A&M vs. Arkansas game mid-week last week.  We were thrilled to get to go to the game and even more thrilled that the Aggies squeaked by with a W after a stressful overtime.



Our tickets were in a suite thanks to our friend's company, and the whole experience was by far the most luxurious one I've ever had involving a football game!  Between the view, the comfy movie theater type chairs, the amazing food, and the private bathroom, it was hard to pick my jaw up off the floor and actually watch the game, but I managed. :)   And the Aggies won - whoop for a 4-0 start to the season!    

5 comments:

  1. With what do you top your red beans? I've never seen them quite like that!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Sharp cheddar, green onions, and plenty of Tabasco 😀

      Delete
  2. Glad you guys had a great time at the game - nothing beats college football weekends - and in a suite, always better! The red beans and rice looks delicious!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Sounds like an awesome birthday weekend! Love your acorn centerpieces - so clever! Your fall dinner looks amazing! Sadly, the temps are still in the 90s for us and no sign of cooling down anytime soon :(

    ReplyDelete
  4. Maybe you could publish next material Grow XL regarding this post. I hope to learn even more issues related to it! Keep it up, great job! Just what I had to have. Its best to participate in a contest for probably the greatest blogs on the web. For more ==== >>>>>> http://jackedmuscleextremeadvice.com/grow-xl-male-enhancement/

    ReplyDelete