Tuesday, July 28, 2015

Summer Slump

It appears I've fallen into a bit of a summertime blog slump (again).  Despite my best intentions of documenting our weekend, I barely took any pictures.  I'll work with those I do have to piece it together.

I'm almost embarrassed to put this on the blog, because it is going to reveal what huge nerds we truly are at heart, but we played Catan (fka "Settlers of Catan") this weekend with Trip and Lindsay for the second time in two weeks.


The first time we played, I literally fell asleep at the table because I was so tired (and the game lasted so late into the night).  But this time, I managed to stay awake for the entire thing.  The Coke floats we enjoyed mid-game might have had something to do with my level of alertness.

Saturday we had a jam-packed day that started at a gorgeous lake house just outside of Dallas.  Some friends from church graciously hosted our Sunday school class for a day of fun on the lake.  Aside from a tubing collision with my friend Kylee that resulted in a busted lip for her and a pretty nasty gash on my leg, we had a great time at the first annual Lake Day.  We hope it becomes a yearly tradition!



We left Lake Day to head home and get ready for our friend Tara's wedding Saturday night.  Austin and Tara worked together, and we both just love her.  She writes the funniest Bachelor/Bachelorette recaps of all time, and even though I don't watch the show, I look forward to her Tuesday emails whenever those shows are airing.


The lake seemed to have wiped us out, so we didn't make it very late at the reception, but it was great to get to catch up with some of Austin's old co-workers and their wives.

Sunday brought church and Sunday school, and then and afternoon of relaxing at home.  Naps, laundry, reading, and finally our Sunday night show -  Food Network Star.  Do any of y'all watch?  We are cheering for Jay and Eddie this season!

Hoping to be back on Friday with my five, but as the title of this post suggests, I'm in a bit of a summer blog slump and haven't been blogging with any regularity.  I do love documenting our life through the blog, so I'm not giving up yet!

6 comments:

  1. Lake days are the best and it looks like you guys had a gorgeous day! Love the color of your dress for the reception.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your weekend looks like a lot of fun! I wish we had a fun Sunday school class like that - we can't seem to find a group of young people lol

    ReplyDelete
  3. This looks like so much fun! We still meet monthly for supper club with 4 other couples we met in our newlywed Sunday school class. We formed such great friendships there!

    I'm the same way on blogging - since spring, really - I keep thinking, "oh yeah, Five on Friday!" Then on Thursday I decide I'm too tired!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Yay! I made the blog! So glad y'all were able to attend the wedding. We had such an amazing night. :) We'll have to catch up soon - I'm hoping to get book club started back up this fall!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Such a fun weekend, a day spent by the water is always a lot of fun {yet exhausting}! Xo, Stephanie

    ReplyDelete
  6. Lake days are the best!! Don't ever feel bad if you don't blog regularly! We ALL fall into blogging slumps! I hope you have a great week!!

    ReplyDelete