Friday, July 10, 2015

5 on Friday - Vol. 53

 Happy Friday to you and to the lovely summertime hostess of Five on Friday - A.Liz Adventures.

image

ONE - Summer is officially in full swing, and we are grilling multiple times a week.  I just love it!  Last night Austin grilled chicken for our supper, and we topped it with a little mozz, tomato, and basil for the last few minutes on the grill.  So so good.  Earlier this week we made these balsamic rosemary steak kabobs, and they will be in heavy rotation for the rest of the summer.


TWO - Melanie and I were both rocking white nails last weekend for the 4th, and I've kept it going all week.  I'm probably way behind the times, but I love the white for summer.


THREE - Most nights we are outside grilling, going for a walk, or riding our bikes, but on Thursdays this summer I have been inside watching Astronaut Wives Club and Fixer Upper.  AWC is such a cute show, and the clothes alone are reason enough to watch!  Except last night, I totally spazzed and thought it came on at 8 instead of 7, so I'll be catching the latest episode on demand this weekend.  


FOUR - I can't resist sharing these adorable watermelon pops from our 4th again... they just scream summer.  I think the recipe was tweaked a bit from this one.  I need to break out my own popsicle molds before summer is over!


FIVE -  We are looking forward to a relaxed weekend at home with some fun sprinkled in after traveling and entertaining for the past several weeks.  We have a fun party to go to on Saturday night, a breakfast date with my MIL and SIL Sunday before church to look forward to, and we are having friends over for supper on Sunday.  I'm planning to fix this PW recipe for Sunday night and homemade ice cream for dessert.  Yum!  Happy Friday!    


7 comments:

  1. Ive been loving Astronaut Wives Club too! My husband will even watch it with me. I've been thinking about getting a mani this weekend, and thought of doing white nails. Yours look great!
    That watermelon pop looks delicious!
    I hope you have a great weekend!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Okay lots to comment on. I can't wait to try those kabobs! YUM! I love a good white nail polish too. What color is yours?
    I've heard great things about that show. I need to record an episode! And when I saw those popsicles on your last post I loved them! Too cute! have a great wknd!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Grilling out is one of the very best things about summer and it looks like y'all have that one down! I keep meaning to watch AWC but something always comes up to make me miss it. Guess that's what a DVR is for? :) Have a great weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I'm getting a mani after work today and going for white myself and how delicious does your dinner look! YUM! xo, Biana -BlovedBoston

    ReplyDelete
  5. That chicken looks delicious!! We're finally breaking out the grill this weekend and I can't wait!

    ReplyDelete
  6. This is the second time today I've heard great things about the Astronaut Wives Club - I can't wait to check it out! Loving the white polish, too!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I've been dying to watch AWC - so glad to know that you like it!!

    ReplyDelete