Sunday, June 28, 2015

Catching Up & Summer Fun

Lots of summer fun to catch up on since my last post two weeks ago!

Austin's office had a lunch to encourage healthy eating recently, so I sent black bean and corn salsa/salad to work with him.  I'm sure you've had some sort of rendition of this... of course the name was way too boring for my fun loving husband, so he renamed his dish "Mexican Jellybean Dip."  Oh how he makes me laugh!  I do think his name is way more exciting.  

 
While we're on the subject of Austin - I have to brag on his grilling skills just a bit.  He has been tearing it up this summer and making me delicious burgers on the reg!


My sister Mary Katherine has been teaching herself calligraphy this summer, and she inspired me to practice my own calligraphy.  Father's Day was a perfect time to do it!  My dad's card was not quite dry when I snapped this pic...

 
We spent last weekend in Austin with my in-laws for Father's Day.  Saturday afternoon was spent out by Buddy and Suann's pool with lots of food and lots of family.  Sunday we went to church and then lunch at P.F. Chang's before we hit the road back to Dallas.  Buddy and Suann also gave us some bikes (!!!) they were no longer using, so we have been loving some summer night bike rides.


 
 


Also while in Austin, we went to At Home after my in-laws raved about some fun things they had found there recently.  I was so impressed!  We scooped up a table and some pillows for our patio, a mirror, and two lamps for our guest room.  The prices were so great, and I could have browsed for hours.  Our guest room got a little spruce up thanks to our At Home finds just in time to host Mom and MK in Dallas this weekend.


Highlights from Mom and MK's weekend in Dallas included homemade pizza on Friday night, blueberry pancakes with peach compote on Saturday morning, shopping at Northpark on Saturday, lunch at The Porch, and a trip to Steel City Pops for an afternoon treat.  We also had a great morning at church this morning - I always love patriotic Sunday.  It was so fun to have them here, and I miss them already!








We highly recommend the watermelon, coconut, and blackberry pops!  I can also vouch for the deliciousness of the coffee pop from past experience.  Austin got pineapple jalapeno this time, which was not my favorite popsicle experience ever, but it was interesting and not terrible...

I cannot believe that June is basically over, but I am looking so forward to a four day week and celebrating one of my top three holidays next weekend - the 4th of July!    
 
 

1 comment:

  1. It looks like you've had a few fun weeks! I love going on casual bike rides too. Your calligraphy is absolutely beautiful too! I have always wanted to learn how to do that!

    ReplyDelete