Monday, May 18, 2015

Weekending – Cinnamon Rolls, Daylilies, & Sunday Suppers

As spring turns to summer we continue to discover new things in our flower beds – these GIANT daylilies recently popped up – seriously, they are almost as tall as me! While I don’t think they’ll make the final cut in our beds, they have been fun to watch this weekend.  Let’s face it, we are Aggies, and we can’t exactly have ORANGE flowers at our house.  On Friday we had one bloom, and then by Sunday we were up to six!  I am fascinated by the fact that they literally bloom for one day and then die.  Where did I think they got the name “daylilies?!” 

IMG_5369

On to a topic that is slightly more exciting than flower beds… we took cinnamon rolls to church yesterday morning for our Sunday school class.  All the couples rotate bringing breakfast, and this week was our turn.  I’m still practicing, but these were my fluffiest ones yet! 

Cinnamon Rolls1   Cinnamon Rolls2 Cinnamon Rolls

This weekend we also had a great time at our crawfish boil on Saturday and then at dinner with friends later that night.  I did end up taking this coconut cake to the crawfish boil – super easy and tasty.  We had some seriously amazing spinach stuffed chicken breasts on Saturday night at our friends’ house that I need to recreate soon!  Our weekend finished off with another Sunday supper with Jaime and Emily – Emily is such a phenomenal cook, and I leave her house every week inspired to try her delicious recipes!  She made chicken tikka masala last night and it was so so good. 

FullSizeRender

Because we watch Downton with Jaime and Emily on Sunday nights, we usually catch up on Mad Men during the week.  I cannot believe it is over!  Every time I blog about Mad Men I think I say how weird I think it has gotten, but we’ve watched for too long and were way too invested not to watch the final episodes.  I will say that I thought Pete and his ex-wife getting back together last week was pretty sweet! We are planning to watch the finale tomorrow night after work, so no spoilers! 

MM End of an Era 

Linking up with B Loved Boston today for Weekending. weekending

11 comments:

  1. Those cinnamon rolls have me drooling right now!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your cinnamon rolls look incredible!!! Yum!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Now all i can think of is having a cinnamon roll for breakfast!! xo, Biana -BlovedBoston

    ReplyDelete
  4. That flower is gorgeous! Tis the season for beautiful flowers. I love that you guys rotate bringing breakfast to church – that is so fun! Those cinnamon buns look beyond delicious! A crawfish broil sounds like such a great weekend activity!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love cinnamon rolls! And huge beautiful flowers are even better!:)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Those cinnamon rolls look amazing!! Can't wait to hear what you think about the Mad Men finale.. I didn't love the finale while watching it but after processing for a little while, I'm happy with the way it ended!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Those cinnamon rolls... yum!! Happy Monday!
    xo Southern Style

    ReplyDelete
  8. I'm dying over those cinnamon rolls! I have a recipe I use, but you may have to share yours!!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Oh my goodness those cinnamon rolls!!! My mouth is watering!!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Those cinnamon rolls.....they look divine!!!! my preggers stomach is now officially growling!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Those. cinnamon. rolls. Oh my goodness, they look amazing!!!

    ReplyDelete