Monday, May 11, 2015

Liebster Award Fun on a Monday

Liebster Award

Ashley at Baseball Diamonds & Hairspray nominated me for the always fun Liebster Award a few weeks ago.  I love these types of posts!  Thanks Ashley :)

1/ Where is your favorite place to vacation? I really love traveling to new places, and I have a life goal of visiting all 50 states.  I think last time I counted, I have been to 36 or 37.  Since we’ve been married, we’ve traveled to Maine, Charleston, and most recently, Vail.  I’ve loved each of those trips!

DSCN1273 IMG_2088

IMG_5217

2/ Do you have one book you recommend us to read? Oh goodness, I love to read, and I think the most recent book I read was The Hurricane Sisters.  It was pretty good!  I keep a running list of books to read in my purse at all times.  I have way to many screen shots on my phone of blog posts or Instagram posts where someone shared a book I think looks interesting.  Probably my all time favorite book is Gone With the Wind.  I love the movie, but the book is way better!

Hurricane Sisters

3/ What is your nemesis? Sugar!  I have a huge sweet tooth, and I can hardly ever say no to cookies or doughnuts in the kitchen at work.  Both of those two items show up way to frequently at my office! 

Christmas in Livingston3

4/ What is your favorite part of the day?  Hands down early in the morning.  I am a morning person through and through, and we get up at what I’ve been told is a crazy early hour.  I love love love being productive early in the morning.  Nothing gets my day off to a better start than getting a jump start on my to-do list before six a.m.

5/ Tell us your biggest to-do on your bucket list.  Oh gosh, I don’t really know?!  I’m not a huge bucket list person.  I’d be perfectly content to just get my house furnished the way I want it someday and to have some babies to fill up our second floor. 

6/ What is your favorite beauty product?  I like some color on my lips, and I love this TIGI lipstick in “fierce.”  I am a big fan of blush, and the cream blush pictured below (Maybelline Dram Bouncy Blush) is my all-time favorite.

IMG_5070

7/ Have you been keeping up with the Masters this weekend? If so, who are you cheering on?  The Masters was the weekend we were in Boerne for a wedding, and we did listen to it the whole way home driving through tons of gorgeous bluebonnets (I made Austin stop once for pictures).  We were cheering for our hometown boy and 2015 Masters winner, Jordan Spieth.  Apparently I even wore green Kendras and green shorts for the occasion! 

IMG_5316

8/ If you could hold/be around/pet one animal/reptile without it harming you, what would it be? Bunnies!  Although I don’t think sweet little bunnies would ever harm me, that is one of the only animals I’m terribly interested in holding. 

bunnies

9/ What is your favorite hobby or thing to do in your free time?  I love reading and cooking, but one of my most favorite hobbies is making cards and practicing my lettering.  I made these recently for May birthdays and Mother’s Day. 

Cards

10/ Why did you start blogging?  I started blogging shortly after we got married and moved to Dallas as a way to keep our families updated on our life here.  I am positive my most faithful readers are still my mom, my father-in-law, and my grandmothers! 

11/ Do you have any pets? Introduce them to us!  No pets at our house (yet).  I grew up with the best dog in the world, a sheltie named Dixie (the namesake for my blog!).  We’d love to get a dog, or maybe two, someday.  Austin wants a Golden Retriever, and I would love another sheltie one day.  Do you not just squeal when you look at this picture?!

goldens

Ok, now I tag some friends to play along and give them a list of questions – I tag:

Mary Katherine at Mary K Every Day

Jenna at The Rose Garden

Cory at Playdates and Prescriptions

Caroline at Virginia Sweet

Christina at The New Mrs.

And their questions are:

  1. What is your favorite season and why?
  2. Where is one place you’re dying to go?
  3. What is your favorite item to wear in your closet right now?
  4. What is your favorite magazine to read?
  5. What is your favorite book you’ve read recently?
  6. What is your favorite TV show right now?
  7. What is your favorite song right now?
  8. If you could only shop at three stores for clothes for the rest of your life, what would they be?
  9. What apps to you use most frequently on your phone?
  10. What is your favorite thing to eat for breakfast or brunch?

Can’t wait to read your responses!

6 comments:

  1. Congrats!! Lovely! Have a nice week sweetie!

    If you want to follow each other, please follow me on GFC or Bloglovin and I'll do the same ;)


    I invite you to join my worldwide giveaways: Jexshop 10$ gift card & Polka dots dress

    ReplyDelete
  2. yay!!! I would LOVE to play along and MANY thanks for the nomination! xoxoxox

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love your answers and learning a little more about you. Thanks for the award!!! I'll definitely play along!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love your answers and learning a little more about you. Thanks for the award!!! I'll definitely play along!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love to travel too.. Love getting to more about you :)
    Happy Monday
    Chelsea @ thewilliamsjourney1.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  6. Thanks for this Emily! I love getting to know more about you! I will definitely be playing along!

    ReplyDelete