Friday, May 15, 2015

5 on Friday – Vol. 52

I can’t believe it has been almost a month since I’ve joined in on the 5oF fun!  Happy Friday to you and to the lovely summertime hostess of Five on Friday - A.Liz Adventures.

image

ONE – We are thoroughly enjoying our first spring with a grill!  At least once a week, Austin grills up something yummy for our supper.  This week it was steaks and tons of grilled veggies.  Casey came over bearing Cokes, kabobs, and cookies to round out our meal.  Hello summer!!

IMG_2287

TWO – Last week at my office we had “bowtie day” to celebrate our departing law clerk who is an avid bowtie wearer.  I could have worn one of Austin’s bowties, but I thought my giant bow shirt would be way more fun.  One of the partners told me I looked like Elle Woods, so my life is basically complete now!

IMG_2274

THREE – I fell in love with a fireplace screen on Joss & Main last week after seeing it on Instagram.  It came in yesterday, and I’m obsessed!  Now we’re just missing a china cabinet in the dining room… hoping to remedy that by the end of the summer.

IMG_5368

FOUR – May is anniversary season for us and for our friends Billy & Carly.  Billy and Austin grew up next door to each other, played lacrosse together in high school and at A&M, and lived together at A&M.  It was only fitting that those two get married a week apart :)  May 2011 was such a crazy fun time – Austin and I both graduated from grad school, Billy & Carly got married on the 14th, and then we got married just one short week later on the 21st!  We love y’all B+C – happy anniversary!

B&C

Can’t believe this was FOUR years ago either -

DSC03140

Spring 2011 was also when I had all of my wedding showers – some of you asked about a dress I was wearing in a picture in this post – here is a better shot of it – me and my sweet friend Rebecca at my Jackson shower.  Still going strong 4 years later :)  The dress is Lesley Evers.

Jackson Shower

FIVE – Today is my friend Brooke’s birthday, and we are going to a crawfish boil tomorrow with her and her husband and some other pals.  Happy birthday Brooke!  I’m taking a dessert to the crawfish boil, and as of right now, I plan on making this coconut cake.  My mom has made it several times and raved about it.  Can’t wait! 

IMG_1563

Have a wonderful Friday!

9 comments:

  1. I LOVE the Elle Woods look (and that you went this route for the bowtie day). So perfect! :) The fire place grate looks awesome too! Hooray for grilling!!!
    Hope you have a good weekend girl!

    ReplyDelete
  2. YAY for grilling! And a coke in a glass bottle is so much more fun!
    I LOVED the Elle Woods look. :) And Happy Anniversary month! ;)
    have a great wknd!

    ReplyDelete
  3. You can totally pull off the huge bow tie!

    ReplyDelete
  4. That bow tie is everything!!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. That fireplace screen is gorgeous! Now I need one. Visiting from the linkup!

    ReplyDelete
  6. You look absolutely adorable in that bow shirt! Love that look. Happy Weekend!
    xo Southern Style

    ReplyDelete
  7. I love your office attire! I just watched Legally blonde for the first time the other day (I know, I know), and couldn't be more obsessed! Have a wonderful weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  8. I love your spin on bow tie day, a perfect outfit! Xo, Stephanie

    ReplyDelete
  9. Your bow tie outfit is adorable!! I'm loving that fireplace screen - such an adorable spin on the traditional fireplace screen.

    ReplyDelete