Sunday, April 26, 2015

Lately

Unlike the past two weekends, we did not do much that was photo-worthy.  Actually, Austin was in College Station Friday-Saturday, so I did a lot of Food Network watching and magazine reading.  My sisters allegedly saw Austin riding around campus in the back of a truck…  Meanwhile, the most exciting moment of my weekend was discovering that the Walmart close to our house has started carrying Duke’s. 

After The Kitchen was over on Saturday morning (love that show!), I made some pimento cheese for a Sunday school party yesterday afternoon.  I’ve pretty much been looking for an excuse to make some since The Masters.  I think I’d like to go to The Masters for the pimento cheese alone.  And the azaleas.  We have a ton leftover, so I see a lot of pimento cheese sandwiches in our future, which sounds like a week of good lunches to me!  

IMG_5336   

When my parents were here for my birthday, my mom brought me a starter to make bread.  So far I’ve made plain and cinnamon.  I’ve got two loaves in the oven right now, and it smells pretty divine.  We’re delivering one to friends tonight and keeping the other to eat with our pimento cheese.  It’s been a fun little adventure!  Thinking I’m going to attempt cinnamon rolls next.   

IMG_2206

Rounding out this food post, I got to have a fun lunch date with my friend Tiffany at Rise last week.  I adore Rise, and this was my first time trying their famous marshmallow soup – delicious just like everything else I’ve ever had there!  I especially love the Rise No. 1 salad. 

April 20151

Maybe this week will bring with it a little more excitement and a few more bloggable moments… we shall see!  Have a great week!

2 comments:

  1. I feel ya - we didn't do anything blog worthy this weekend (just house hunted the whole time) so I didn't even write a post! lol the bread looks amazing and the pimento cheese sounds delicious!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I totally agree with you! Nothing blog worthy on my end either! Here's to fun, blog worthy weeks!

    ReplyDelete