Monday, April 6, 2015

Easter Weekend

We had such a great Easter weekend celebrating the resurrection of our Savior!  Church yesterday was so powerful.  Thank you Lord for defeating death!  I need to rewind a bit to recap our full weekend… 

My office was closed on Friday, and it was a great day of Easter weekend prep filled with doing productive things around the house, grocery shopping, kitchen prep, and an afternoon walk.  I found some cheery blooms at Central Market, and they are still going strong! 

IMG_5269   Easter4

Saturday morning Austin got our yard weekend ready and I finished our brunch preparations while we waited for Buddy, Suann, and Casey to arrive.  If you’re fixing brunch any time in the near future, I cannot recommend PW’s baked french toast enough!  It was so decadent and delicious.  We also had yogurt, granola, fresh berries, sausage balls, and iced coffee. 

IMG_5275 Easter IMG_5285

IMG_5277

After brunch we headed to the Katy Trail for a walk and to enjoy the gorgeous spring day we were having.  It was so so nice outside!  We strolled up and down Knox street and popped into some shops as well.  We ended up at La Duni for a little caffeine stop before us girls got our Easter pedicures. 

Easter1 Easter3

After pedis, I introduced Suann and Casey to the amazingness that is the Swoozie’s store in Preston Center.  We could have probably spent hours in there perusing all of the fun things, but we eventually left to head home before dinner.  We went out to dinner and then all had a pretty early night after a long, fun day. 

Sunday morning the weather had taken a turn, and it was chilly, overcast, and drizzling.  Since I’m pretty sure that I’ve never been warm on Easter Sunday, yet I insist on a sleeveless Easter dress every year, this was no surprise.  We headed to church for one of the best Easter services I think I’ve ever been in.  Gosh, I just wish I could have bottled that service up – the music, the sermon, the huge response at the invitation – what a glorious morning it was!  I know I say this all the time, but we are so incredibly thankful for our church and the great work God is doing through First Dallas locally, nationally, all over the world.  We loved having Buddy and Suann in church and Sunday school with us! 

IMG_2172      IMG_2167

After church we came back to our house for lunch.  We devoured our deviled eggs while the rest of lunch finished in the oven.

IMG_5287

Easter

IMG_5301

On our lunch menu : hash brown casserole, corn casserole, turnip greens, ham, and rolls.  None of it was particularly photogenic, but it was all pretty tasty!  Suann brought an assortment of cute mini cupcakes for our Easter dessert, and we had fun sampling the different flavors.

IMG_5291

Buddy and Suann left after lunch to head back to Austin, and Austin and I both took a nice long nap.  There’s just nothing better on a Sunday afternoon!  We went for a walk around our neighborhood after we woke up and then came inside just in time to watch “A.D.” followed by Mad Men.  We really enjoyed A.D. and plan to add it to our Sunday night line-up.  Mad Men was so dang weird (as always). 

Hope your Easter weekend was a good one and that everyone has a great week!

5 comments:

  1. oh my, what a fabulous weekend! All of your food and decor looks amazing! And I love your Easter dress!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a great Easter weekend!! All your food sounds delicious! Good to hear A.D. wasn't that bad - we want to watch it too but will probably watch it during the week after it airs.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Haha Mad Men was so weird last night! Although I'm happy the old Don is back - I didn't really love the sad, moping Don! Glad you had a good Easter :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. What a fun (and yummy!!!!) weekend!! Yay! xx

    ReplyDelete
  5. It looks like a beautiful Easter weekend, every detail looks fabulous! Xo, Stephanie

    ReplyDelete