Wednesday, April 15, 2015

Boerne & Bluebonnets

Wednesday is a touch late to be recapping our weekend, but I haven’t found a spare minute to sit down and blog since we got home on Sunday afternoon from a fun little weekend road trip. 

We had a wedding to attend Saturday in Boerne, TX, so we picked up Matthew and Mallory in Fort Worth bright and early on Saturday morning for the trip.  We avoided I-35 (best decision ever) and made our way down on smaller roads that were dripping in beautiful Texas bluebonnets.  Our first stop was the Koffee Kup in Hico for breakfast.  So good!  Austin and I also made it a point to stop here on our trip to Fredericksburg a few years ago. 

IMG_2177

We made it to Boerne just in time for a small power nap before it was time to head to the wedding.  I think I say this every time I blog about a wedding, but the reunions with college friends are so fun!  We got to see tons of friends at this wedding, and we had a ball catching up with everyone. 

IMG_2199

Matt and Laura’s ceremony and reception were both beautiful – the ceremony was a Catholic mass and their reception was at the Don Strange Ranch (amazing!) complete with bridesmaids in cowboy boots, brisket tacos, an avocado and salsa bar, and truly delicious cake. 

IMG_2178

We sure have been to a lot of weddings together since ours in 2011! Good thing he is a pretty fun dancing partner. 

After the wedding we stayed up visiting with friends in the lobby of our hotel until way too late… I’m still not sure how I stayed awake that long, but it was so fun.  Sunday morning we went to breakfast with Matthew and Mallory, and our friends Jon and Megan who live in Houston and Jared and Amber who live in College Station.  We found a cute little cafe in some hill country town and stayed there visiting until after 11 a.m.  Finally we all had to hit the road, so we loaded up to head back to DFW with the McDonalds. 

Mallory and I insisted on a quick stop to grab some pictures in a huge field of bluebonnets and Indian paintbrush on the way home.

IMG_2198 IMG_5311   IMG_5316 IMG_5319

I will spare you the rest of the bluebonnet pictures I took, but gosh, Texas in the springtime is a pretty sight.  We’re still playing catch up and we have no groceries in the house, but the weekend fun was most definitely worth it.  Now I’m off to the grocery store…

Hoping to pop back in tomorrow with a post since Ashley nominated me for a Liebster award earlier this week!

6 comments:

  1. Looks like such a fun wknd; I also love reunions with friends! And I loved your dress at the wedding! And obviously all of the bluebonnets!

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a fun weekend! Those flowers are beautiful! I would have stopped to take a million pictures, too :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Looks like it was an excellent weekend! You guys are too cute--love the pic of you guys in the field of bluebonnets!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. What a fun weekend!! Reuniting with college friends is the best! Love all your outfits too!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Even though I grew up right down the road, I always forget about the Koffee Kup! It always has a great breakfast too. I look forward to reading more of your posts. :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Those flowers are gorgeous! I love the picture of the two of you in the flowers!

    ReplyDelete