Friday, April 3, 2015

5 on Friday – Vol. 51

Happy Good Friday to you and to the lovely hostesses of Five on Friday - A.Liz Adventures, Carolina Charm, The Good Life, and Hello Happiness.

image

Somehow I’ve let an entire week slip by without blogging – definitely did not mean to do that!  My office is closed today, and my mentality all week has just been to make it to Friday.  I’m so glad to have today to clean, cook, run errands, and get ready for the weekend!  My in-laws are coming tomorrow morning to spend Easter with us, and we have a fun weekend planned.  But, before we get to this weekend, I need to recap the past few days!

ONE

Last Friday I posted about my iPhone case dilemma, and a friend from my hometown who also reads my blog reached out to me and offered to send me her tortoise iPhone 5 case.  Thank you, Vicky!  She sent it last weekend, and it arrived on Monday.  I am totally obsessed with it, and it was exactly what I was wanting!  The adorable packaging on top of how sweet Vicky was to reach out just made my week.

March 2015

TWO

Last weekend we had a really fun but busy Saturday – we ran in the 4 mile Easter Run that our church hosted and helped with tear down for that. Then we had a little bit of time at home to get cleaned up before heading to the Music Hall at Fair Park for a dinner and showing of “The King and I” thanks to our friends Joshua and Audra.  Although it was a late night, going to musicals is not something we normally do, so this was a fun treat!

IMG_2117

IMG_2118

IMG_2120

THREE

I can’t wait to get into the kitchen today and start prepping for the weekend.  I am fixing brunch for us tomorrow morning when Austin’s parents arrive, and we’re having Easter lunch here after church on Sunday.  I’m excited to try this PW French Toast Bake for our brunch menu.  Easter lunch will be old favorites like ham, deviled eggs, potatoes deluxe casserole, rolls, etc.  Gosh I love deviled eggs.  Every time I make them (which is usually about two times a year, max), I wonder why I don’t make them more often. Can’t wait!

IMG_3819

FOUR

I’m definitely going to attempt to locate some perfectly pastel tulips today to recreate this on our table for Easter weekend.  And I can’t wait to break out my birthday napkins again!

IMG_5209

IMG_5185

FIVE

Happy Easter!  Adorable card courtesy of my mom, the queen of cards.

IMG_5259

5 comments:

  1. That tulip centerpiece is so elegant and simple, I love it! Happy Easter!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Have a super fun Easter! I'm LOVING your new phone case! That was so sweet of your friend to send it

    ReplyDelete
  3. Go you for running :) That phone case is so cute!! That was so sweet of her :) Happy Friday
    Chelsea @ thewilliamsjourney1.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  4. What a sweet friend! The case she sent you is fabulous!! Glad you're enjoying it :) Your mom really is the queen of cards! She always creates such sweet ones! I'm sure you cherish them!! :) Have a beautiful weekend celebrating our risen Savior!
    xo - Brenda, ChattingOverChocolate.com

    ReplyDelete
  5. So sweet of your friend and that case is so cute! Have fun with all your Easter hosting; hosting is a favorite of mine and we’re hosting one of our Easter meals! I just got my first bouquet of tulips this morning at the store and am so loving them!

    ReplyDelete