Friday, March 6, 2015

Five on Friday – Vol. 49

Happy Friday to you and to the lovely hostesses of Five on Friday - A.Liz Adventures, Carolina Charm, The Good Life, and Hello Happiness.

image

ONE

Austin’s office had a luncheon this week, and he was smart enough to swipe a centerpiece for me.  Fresh flowers are always a bright spot in my week, and these give me hope that spring will come! 

IMG_5145

TWO

I’m wanting some boxwood wreaths in my life to freshen things up a bit.  I’d love one on our front door and a few baby ones to use inside.

Blog Randoms images via Simplicity in the South and Garnet Hill

THREE

I couldn’t resist getting out a few Easter decorations yesterday while snowed in at home.  Come on spring!

March 2015 

IMG_5142

FOUR

We have a big day of errands and little house projects planned tomorrow.  Austin’s parents gave us some framed duck prints from his old room at their house, and the colors actually go pretty well with one of the rooms upstairs, so we are finally getting those on the wall.  I’ve also heard that the weather next weekend (my birthday weekend!) is going to be quite spring-like, so I may squeeze in a tiny shopping trip for something springy.  If I could ever find this scarf I pinned ages ago, I would be so so happy.  Doesn’t it scream spring?!  Unfortunately, the Pinterest link goes nowhere helpful.

spring scarf

 FIVE

One thing on our agenda for next Saturday is filling the planter next to our front door.  Love this porch shot for inspiration (via).  And I’m thrilled my parents, who both have green thumbs, will be here to tell me what to do!  And they happen to have lovely planters flanking their front door, too.   

planter inspo  

IMG_4139

Have a great weekend!

10 comments:

  1. This entire post has me excited for spring!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. This entire post has me excited for spring!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hey Emily, I don't know if this is helpful but I recognized that fabric from the scarf as being part of Candy Kirby Designs (http://www.candykirbydesigns.com/products/fabric-by-the-yard-swatch-watercolor-ikat-on-heavy-cotton-twill) since I've ordered things for my daughter from the shop. If it's not the exact one, it's super similar! Maybe the scarf was made by someone who ordered that fabric? Anyway, have a great day!

    heylittlemomma.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  4. Um, major props on knowing to swipe that centerpiece! Gorgeous! I love fresh flowers around the house, especially when they are free! :)

    Just found your blog and love it! Happy Friday!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Love those wreaths and your Easter decor! Enjoy your weekend :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. My front door plants are on my agenda as well! So lovely.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I already picked up a cute bunny family to add to my Easter decor this year and am on the hunt for polka-dotted Easter eggs for my daughter to hunt. I love all the plants you posted pics of and am eager to start plant shopping. My MIL is coming in town and is going to help me spruce up my yard in a few weeks!! Hope you find some great Spring things to kick off your birthday weekend :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. Oh my gosh, that scarf is gorgeous! Hoping you are able to find where you can purchase it. loving your Easter decorations too! Xo, Stephanie

    ReplyDelete
  9. I love that scarf. I found something very similar on anthropologie. http://www.anthropologie.com/anthro/product/34917096.jsp?color=038#/

    ReplyDelete
  10. Love all those Easter decorations! Praying for some great weather for your birthday weekend, I know how important that is!!

    ReplyDelete