Friday, March 27, 2015

5 on Friday – Vol. 50

Happy Friday to you and to the lovely hostesses of Five on Friday - A.Liz Adventures, Carolina Charm, The Good Life, and Hello Happiness.

image

ONE – March birthdays

Wednesday night we had a great time celebrating Katey’s birthday at Bowl & Barrel.  Katey and I have celebrated many a birthday together, and I love that we were born just about two weeks apart.  Our friends Katie and Jeremy were also there, and it was so good to see them!  Somehow I got super lucky our first round and got an uncharacteristically high score.

Today is also my GJ’s birthday – happy birthday, GJ if you are reading!!  

IMG_2110 

 FullSizeRender

TWO – moving on up to the 5s

The only injury that happened on our ski trip last week was to my phone.  I dropped my old iPhone 4s on a rock in Colorado, and the screen cracked a bit.  I can’t say I was too sad since my phone hasn’t had wi-fi in over a year and was just getting old and annoying.  We upgraded to new 5s phones this week, and I’m loving it!  I got a gold one, and although I desperately need a case, I don’t want to cover up the pretty gold back.  Any case suggestions?  I’m thinking tortoise maybe… something a little more subdued and professional looking than my last case, which was quite bright.  Please share with me if you have a case you love that is both sturdy and sleek! 

iphone5s gold

THREE – yard surprises

Since this is our first spring in our house, I had no idea what would pop up in our flower beds.  This week, several patches of iris started blooming like crazy!  They are not my favorite flower, but they have been a fun surprise, and clearly they are pretty tough since they made it through our epic winter and snow/ice. 

Spring & Easter Decor

FOUR – Easter Run

Our church hosts an annual 4 mile run on the Saturday before Palm Sunday, which is tomorrow.  Austin and I are running in the race and helping with tear down afterwards.  I see a nap in my future tomorrow afternoon!

easter run

FIVE – Easter dress search

I can’t believe that Easter is only a week away and I have not gotten my Easter dress yet.  While Easter is obviously FAR more important than my dress, I have been emailing myself links for several weeks, now I either need to find one in a store or order one and hope it gets here in time!  Just this week I’ve seen so many good options… I must make myself decide today.

 

Happy Friday!

9 comments:

  1. Yay for March birthdays! So nice that you got to celebrate with your fellow March bday friend! :)
    Congrats on the 5s upgrade! I love mine (i have silver), but I felt the same way getting a case and covering up the pretty. But, that's better than breaking the pretty! :)
    Good luck on your Easter dress search!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yay for the new phone! I just got my 5 in November and mine is gold too. I got a matching gold case from Ballistics - it is a little glittery, but not noticeable inside really. Of course, J.Crew tortoise are y standby :)
    btw, your hair looks amazing in that picture. Jealous!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love your flowers!! Blooming flowers always make me so happy :) Spring is the best !!
    Happy Friday
    Chelsea @ thewilliamsjourney1.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh I want a phone upgrade! Let us know what you decide on for an Easter dress. They are my absolute fav to shop for!! Happy weekend love!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Good luck in your race tomorrow! You could try a clear case - that's what I have for my phone and that way you can still see the gold. Happy Friday!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Enjoy celebrating all those birthdays! A cracked phone is the worst! Enjoy the new fives.. love that you got the gold! Good luck on the Easter dress search; I’ll be doing the same thing next week! Totally agree Easter is more important than the dress but it’s nice to look extra special on Easter!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Good luck with the Easter dress search! You can never go wrong with Lilly!

    ReplyDelete
  8. I understand with the dress, there are just so many that are awesome! I ended up finding a $120 dress for $30 with the tags still on it at a discount store! I LOVE it! Hope you are having a great weekend and that you pick the dress!

    ReplyDelete
  9. It’s too bad about your phone, but it seems that it was long due for an upgrade anyways. I hope you have found a way to protect your screen without covering the back part, though that might be a little hard to find. Anyway, take care of your new phone, Emily. Have a great day!

    Clara Brooks @ Telco World

    ReplyDelete