Friday, February 27, 2015

5 on Friday – Vol. 48

Happy Friday to you and to the lovely hostesses of Five on Friday - A.Liz Adventures, Carolina Charm, The Good Life, and Hello Happiness.

image

ONE – READING

On our snow day Monday, I finally started The Hurricane Sisters by Dorothea Benton Frank.  The book is set in the South Carolina low country, which I love reading about.  I’m looking forward to spending more time curled up with a hot cup of tea reading this weekend.  We have a chance for MORE snow = ideal reading weather. 

Hurricane Sisters

TWO – WATCHING

Still Downton.  Yes, this was part of my five last time I linked up with the 5 on Friday gals, but we can’t stop! This is the BEST show I’ve watched in a long time.  However, we watched the season 3 finale last night, and oh my word.  I’m practically in mourning. 

Downton Abbey Season 3

THREE – LOVING

Smashbox Photo Finish Primer – thank you Melanie!  My sister introduced me to this little miracle worker.  I know it is a total cult favorite, but I only just recently tried it.  It goes on super smooth, and I think it really does help the rest of my makeup go on better.  I bought the sample size, but I’m pretty confident I’ll be replacing with the full size once I finish this tube. 

Smashbox Photo Finish

FOUR – PLANNING

Currently planning where we are going for my birthday brunch in a few weeks.  My parents are coming up for the weekend of my birthday, and I can’t wait!  Now to somehow pick a brunch spot in Dallas where there are so many many options.  Also on the agenda for birthday weekend: filling our new front porch planter and a little springtime craft with Mom to perk up our Sunday school classroom.

DC Brunch 1 

FIVE – BLOOMING

I’ve got to get busy and log some hours for my Junior League placement at the Dallas Arboretum.  Tomorrow morning I’ll be there bright and early!  Dallas Blooms starts tomorrow, and it is seriously one of my favorite things ever.  At least I’ll be surrounded by gorgeous spring flowers, even if the weather is a little chilly.  I purposely saved my hours for the spring just to enjoy the hundreds and hundreds of gorgeous tulips.

IMG_1679   Arboretum trip 2013 (2)

15 comments:

  1. I've heard great things about that book!!

    And oh my heavens, I'm so envious of those beautiful blooms!! Have a great wknd!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Birthday brunches are the best :) & those tulips are gorgeous! Wish we had some of those around here right about now. Hope you have a great weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Brunch for your birthday sounds perfect!! Let us know how you like that book--I'm intrigued by the description you wrote about!
    Downton Abbey is so so good! Can't wait to hear what you think about season 4 and 5! :)
    Have a great weekend--stay warm!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. That book sounds good - I just added it to my reading list! And girl, I think I am STILL mourning the end of Downton Season 3. That was horrible!

    ReplyDelete
  5. a birthday brunch?!!? sounds awesome :) im a huge downton abbey fan too! xo jillian - cornflake dreams

    ReplyDelete
  6. How gorgeous is the Arboretum?? I love a birthday brunch! My favorites in Dallas were always Breadwinners and Taverna. Cheers to you pretty lady!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Ohh those tulips are so pretty!! I'm so jealous that Texas has flowers growing already!

    ReplyDelete
  8. I love brunching - such a good idea for your birthday!!
    Those blooms are beautiful!!

    ReplyDelete
  9. All of those tulips are making me yearn for spring! Have fun tomorrow!

    Our Little Miracles

    ReplyDelete
  10. Give me all of those fresh blooms, what an amazing way to spend your Saturday! Xo, Stephanie

    ReplyDelete
  11. This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

    ReplyDelete
  12. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  13. This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

    ReplyDelete
  14. This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

    ReplyDelete
  15. This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

    ReplyDelete