Friday, February 13, 2015

5 on Friday – Vol. 47

Happy Friday and happy almost Valentine’s Day to you and to the lovely hostesses of Five on Friday - A.Liz Adventures, Carolina Charm, The Good Life, and Hello Happiness!  

image

ONE – Last Saturday and in the wee hours of one morning this week I got my act somewhat together and made Valentines for some of my favorite people.  Cards are my favorite part of the heart holiday, and I loved the time to practice my lettering.  And coordinating lined envelopes are one of my favorite things ever!

Valentine's Day1   IMG_4977 Valentine's Day2

Cupcake cards were inspired by the Paper Source cupcake kit and some adorable cards I saw on Laura’s blog.  And then I realized my mom made me a cupcake card two years ago for Valentine’s Day…  The arrows were for my favorite Aggie Pi Phi, Mary Katherine. 

TWO – Still in the Valentine’s spirit, my mom sent me this cute banner that I’ve loved having on our staircase in the days leading up to Feb. 14. 

Valentine's Day

THREE – Yesterday I had an event to attend after work, and when I got home around 8:00, I walked in to find gorgeous Valentine’s flowers from Austin’s favorite local florist waiting for me on our bar.  I just adore them, and they smell as good as they look! 

Valentine's Day

FOUR – Well we may be the last people on earth, but we are finally on the Downton Abbey fan train.  We’re two episodes in and completely hooked.  I foresee an urgent call to the friends that lent us season 1 this weekend begging for season 2.  So far, the Dowager Countess (aka Professor McGonagall) is by far my favorite character. 

Downton Abbey

FIVE – After four years of Austin itching to go on a ski trip, we are Colorado bound in March with our friends Billy and Carly.  We’ve both got new ski jackets headed our way, and I’m starting to get so excited!  I’ve never skied before, so I’m a touch nervous as well, but I’m headed straight to ski school once we get there.  Any must-dos in the Vail/Beaver Creek area?? 

Happy Valentine’s Day Weekend! 

14 comments:

  1. I love that little Valentine's Day banner...so cute!
    Welcome to the Downton Abbey fan train! You will definitely be begging for season 2 like immediately!
    Hope you have an awesome weekend!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. THE cutest, sweetest cards! Love it!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love all of your Valentines!! And oh my, those flowers!! LOVE!

    Have a great wknd!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love, love, LOVE all your VDay decor and cards! Happy VDay! I was a late starter to Downton, too, but we love it! Hubs watches, too! We have skied in Colorado and Lake Tahoe. You will love it! Have I said the word LOVE enough for you! Ha!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Your cards turned out sooo cute!! Way to go :)
    Chelsea@ thewilliamsjourney1.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  6. I just love those cards. I really want to try my hand at lettering this summer.

    ReplyDelete
  7. You did such a great job with your valentine's day cards!! Hope you have a great weekend! xo, Biana - BlovedBoston

    ReplyDelete
  8. All of your Valentine's Day goodies are super adorable! Your cards are amazing and the banner is so sweet - love the flowers as well, they're super pretty!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Skiing is so much fun, would love to go skiing in Vail. Even though I have skied before I go to lessons every time, I don't trust myself to remember everything there is to remember with skiing. :)

    ReplyDelete
  10. Stopping by from the link-up and I love your picks!! Also love that you reference the Dowager as "Professor McGonagall" because I 100% did the same thing when I first started watching Downton Abbey (and even now...) Enjoy Vail and definitely eat at Sweet Basil - it's one of my faves. And dont forget to get a little Golden Bear trinket before you leave - it's the symbol of Vail. Happy Friday!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Hi from the link up! Those cards are ADORABLE! I can't believe you made them- love! WHat a sweet hubs- beautiful flowers! Happy weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Wow, you MADE those cards?! Lovely! And I was behind the 8 ball with Downton too - started watching about a year ago - but isn't is the best show ever??

    ReplyDelete
  13. Linking up with you through Five on Friday! Those cards and that banner are adorable, love them! Xo, Stephanie

    ReplyDelete
  14. Stopping by from the link-up. I haven't watched Downton either! I'm sure I'll need to start soon. :) Hope you had a great Valentine's weekend! -Lindsay http://sevenlayercharlotte.com

    ReplyDelete