Friday, February 6, 2015

5 on Friday – Vol. 46

Happy Friday to you and to the lovely hostesses of Five on Friday - A.Liz Adventures, Carolina Charm, The Good Life, and Hello Happiness!  

image

ONE - Have y’all seen the new Saved by the Bell video thanks to Jimmy Fallon?!  If your Facebook news feed is anything like mine, than I’m sure you have, but I couldn’t resist including it today in my five.  Thanks Jimmy!  

TWO - Guess what we are finally seeing this weekend?  The plan is to go tonight after work – hope I can stay awake!

American Sniper

This might be me tonight…

ecard1

THREE - My parents gave me this book for Christmas, and I’m loving reading a little bit every night before bed.  It is a perfect mix of stories, tips, and a ton of recipes that I can’t wait to try.  The adorable cover and polka dotted spine only add to my love of this book!

IMG_4962

FOUR – With work and other responsibilities taking up much of my time during the week, I do not usually have much time to get creative Monday – Friday.  Last weekend ended up being quite full - my in-laws came to town, and Austin and I filmed a commercial for our church that kind of came up at the last minute!  So, needless to say, I did not get my valentines made.  Tomorrow morning I’m headed to my little craft desk with a hot cup of tea for some time with washi tape, red and pink paper, a heart stamp, and my calligraphy pen.  Cannot wait!  A pink mani for the week ahead might have to happen as well!

Valentine  via

FIVE – We had yummy barbecue flank steak sandwiches, baked beans, and my favorite broccoli slaw for supper last night.  This recipe is so easy, and it reminds me of our trip to Charleston in 2013!  We randomly picked up the recipe card for the sandwiches and beans at a Publix near Charleston.  Side note: Publix, please come to Texas!   

IMG_4958

15 comments:

  1. Jimmy Fallon always has the BEST bits, doesn't he? The Saved By the Bell one was so fun :) That lolsotrue is hilarious!!!! I often find that to be the case too ;) Happy Valentine crafting tomorrow!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I need a manicure so badly right now--I need to find time to get one this weekend. My husband has been dying to see American Sniper but it's always been sold out when we try to go, so hopefully we can make it this weekend, too!
    Have a great weekend!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. That BBQ looks amazing! And I am definitely going to have to add that book to my list!! Oh, and that Saved By the Bell skit was AHHMAAAZING!!! I couldn't get over how much the old cast still looked the same!! Stopping by from the link up! Have a great weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  4. The Saved by the Bell reunion was definitely the highlight of the week!! Loved it! Hope you're able to make it to American Sniper tonight - SUCH a good movie :) Happy Friday!

    ReplyDelete
  5. You will love the movie.. It was such a great movie.. Hope you like it
    Happy Friday
    Chelsea @ thewilliamsjourney1.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  6. That food looks amazing. I want to see the movie!!!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I want to see American Sniper so bad, but I definitely can't do things on Friday night..I'm way too tired! Hope you enjoy it and have a great weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  8. That dinner looks amazing! Going to have to make that one day!

    ReplyDelete
  9. We haven't seen American Sniper yet either, my husband started reading the book this week though so I guess we will be waiting haha!

    ReplyDelete
  10. American Sniper...SO GOOD! I usually don't like movies like that but WOW!!
    young-southern.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  11. I am seriously terrible at staying awake during movies! I've heard mix reviews of American Sniper so I can't wait to hear what you think of it!!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Found your darling blog on Five on Friday and I need to hear about some good southern manners you learn! Nothing like good etiquette - it get's so lost these days! Enjoy your weekend girl. -Lauren @www.southpearlliving.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  13. We say American Sniper this weekend and it was so good! Did you enjoy it? And Jimmy Fallon hit it out of the park last week with all this skits! The Saved by the Bell made my inner 90's kid so happy!

    ReplyDelete
  14. That book looks adorable! I need to see American Sniper but I hate sad endings! Also, that Saved by the Bell skit was awwweeesssoommmeee!

    ReplyDelete