Monday, January 19, 2015

Weekend With Some Other Favorites in Dallas

Austin and I are just getting spoiled rotten with visits from all three out-of-town sisters and my mom in the past week!  This weekend, Austin’s sister Courtney came to Dallas, and we got to have her and Casey (the only local sister) over on Saturday night.  We made pizzas with crust, marinara sauce, and tons of toppings all from Jimmy’s.  Courtney broke in our ice cream maker and made us some delicious homemade blueberry cheesecake ice cream for dessert.  We played a few rounds of Catchphrase before I fell asleep.  I wish I was joking! 

Pizza with C&C

Before pizza night, Austin and I ran errands all over the metroplex – literally from Allen to east Dallas.  I stumbled upon an adorable Kate Spade dress for a great deal, and Austin finally got the Wranglers he’s been talking about for months (maybe years).  We are headed to the Fort Worth Stock Show and Rodeo this week with our Fort Worth friends, the McDonalds, so I think the Wranglers came just in the nick of time. 

I realize I’m recapping our weekend basically in reverse order, but going back even further to Friday night, we had a fun impromptu game night with our friends the Dyers.  We played a game called “Hear Me Out” that was new to all of us but wound up being really fun! 

On Sunday morning Courtney and Casey joined us for church, and we loved having them both there.   As usual, I wish I would have taken more pictures this weekend, but I’ll just try and do better in that regard this week and next weekend! 

Linking up with Biana and Meghan on this MLK Day (I’m jealous of those of you who are off today!).

weekending

3 comments:

  1. Weekends spent with family and friends are the best. Have fun at the rodeo!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Visiting from the link up! I love making homemade pizzas, and I love a good board game too, definitely going to have to check out 'Hear Me Out'. Have a great week :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Ohh the rodeo should be so fun! Love time spent with family, it is so nice! So glad you got to see so much family this week!!

    ReplyDelete