Monday, January 26, 2015

Rodeo, Rugs, & Rainbow Cookies

No Friday post means I’m taking this weekend recap all the way back to Thursday night.  Austin and I went to the Fort Worth Stock Show and Rodeo on Thursday with our favorite Fort Worth friends, the McDonalds, and two other Aggie couples.  We have been wanting to make it over to cow town for the rodeo ever since moving to Dallas.  The rodeo was the perfect excuse for my boot purchase earlier in the week.  I really didn’t feel like a true Texan until Tuesday when I bought my first “real” pair of cowboy boots.  Such a fun night! 

FTW Rodeo IMG_4909 FTW Rodeo

One other highlight of last week before I move on to recapping the actual weekend was our rugs.  We ordered a rug for the dining room and the living room back in November, and they finally came in last week.  I love them!  Of course I still have a long, long list of wants for the new house, but I keep trying to remind myself to take it one step at a time and enjoy the process.   

House

Friday night and Saturday morning were spent in my favorite pjs being totally lazy and catching up on magazines and blogs.  Loved every bit of that!  I made some 15-bean soup in the crock pot on Friday, and it was the perfect thing to come home to on a cold night after a long week.  And can I just profess my love for these crock-pot liners?!  What did I do without these in my life? 

Weekend Eats

We hit up the grocery store on Saturday afternoon, and then I baked some cookies for a game night with some Sunday school friends and a pound cake for our Sunday lunch.  For the cookies, I tried this recipe from Pinterest, and think I’ll move it to my “Keeper Recipes” board.  If you’re anything like me, your Pinterest boards fill up with recipes far faster than you’re able to try said recipes.  My mom gave me the genius idea of starting a “keeper” board for recipes I’ve tried and loved.

IMG_4928

Sunday after church, our friends the Turmans came over for lunch.  We all used to be in the same Sunday school class, but they are teaching a different class now, so we don’t get nearly as much time to catch up on Sunday mornings.  It was fun having them and their two precious boys over, plus I love any excuse to set the table!  I fixed roast, rice and gravy, butter beans, rolls, and pound cake for dessert.  Nothing will ever feel as quintessentially “Sunday lunch” to me as roast and rice and gravy.  Getting the roast ready to put in the oven Sunday morning brought back so many memories of waking up to that delicious smell on many a Sunday morning growing up.   

IMG_4938 IMG_4937

IMG_4939

Hope y’all have a great week! 

4 comments:

  1. Your new rugs look fantastic! & that cookie recipe looks like something that needs to happen in my kitchen sometime in the near future. Looks like y'all had a great weekend :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. That rug looks perfect in your living room. I have made those cookies before and they were beyond amazing! I had to take them to work to get them out of my house. :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Those rugs look awesome! Looks like you had a great weekend with friends! Love those!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete