Wednesday, January 14, 2015

House Tour: Part I

While I was at home on Friday afternoon waiting for my mom and sisters to arrive, I finally got around to snapping a few pictures of our new house.  I think I can still call it new even though we’ve been here since mid-October.  I did not get to all the rooms, so today we’ll just take a peek at the living room, dining room, kitchen, and one of the upstairs bedrooms. 

Here’s our entryway just inside the front door:

IMG_4845

The living room and dining room are completely open to each other, and are just to the right of the entry. 

House2

Things hanging out at the top of my to-do list for the living room include a window treatment, an entertainment center for the TV that will take up some wall space, and eventually, I want to replace the furniture.  I didn’t get a great picture of the wall where our TV and small entertainment center currently sit.  The rugs I ordered back in November for the living room and dining room are finally on their way this week!!

IMG_4850 IMG_4851

At the tip top of my list for the dining room is a china cabinet/hutch to go on that big wall to the left of our table.  I found one that could work recently, but I’m still trying to decide whether to pull the trigger on it.  I think I need to measure and go back and look at it one more time! 

The kitchen is right off the dining room and probably the closest room in the house to being “done.”  The backsplash is one of my favorite things about the house, and I love my kitchen rug as well. 

IMG_4857

IMG_4859

IMG_4860

IMG_4858

And off the kitchen is our little drop zone that I just love. 

IMG_4856 IMG_4854

I need to get some more pictures up on that bulletin board, but I love the fabric so much that I’m just not in a rush to cover it up.  

And quite possibly my favorite part of the house so far – the built in desk in one of our upstairs bedrooms that I’ve claimed as my craft desk.  Still on the hunt for a chair, but I just love this little desk!  It is the perfect spot to practice calligraphy and make cards. 

IMG_4880 IMG_4881 IMG_4882

I love all my monthly cards from my mom for 2011 – 2014 on rings just above the bead board.  

House

The rest of this bedroom has a long way to go, but this shot of the tulips I had in there this weekend for my sisters shows a little bit of the bedding.  We have two twin beds with gray and white check duvets.  One bed still needs a headboard, they both are getting dust ruffles soon, and I need to find some pillows and a some fabric for window treatments ASAP! 

IMG_4879

That’s all for part one, and I’ll try not to let four months go by before getting a second installment posted.  

13 comments:

  1. I love the way your house is decorated! So adorable - especially the kitchen!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Can't wait to see the rest! Love your kitchen.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Everything looks so awesome!! I'm really impressed with all that you've done so far - we've been in our new house since September and I have ONE thing hung on the wall, ha! Can't wait to se the rest!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love your kitchen. That desk nook is so cute- just love built ins!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Soooo beautiful! Love your bar stools and fireplace!!! xx

    ReplyDelete
  6. Can we talk about that fireplace for a minute? Gorgeous! & so is the rest of your house! Can't wait to see more.

    ReplyDelete
  7. So lovely.. We finely found a China Cabinet and I love it but it did take time.. Hope you are able to find one you love

    ReplyDelete
  8. So cute, you have great style! I love the bench for your dining room table!

    ReplyDelete
  9. The whole house is adorable!! I love it!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Beautiful house! I am in love with your kitchen (especially your drop zone!) and your built-in craft desk. I can't wait to see what the rest of your home looks like!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Obsessed!!!! It looks absolutely beautiful!! Can't wait to see the rest!

    ReplyDelete
  12. The house looks very elegant! I love how you decorated the place, it’s pretty obvious that you invested on getting some great furniture, and other stuff that are quite appealing. Thanks for sharing this with us, Emily. All the best!


    Willard Evans @ WowHomes

    ReplyDelete