Thursday, December 25, 2014

Home for Christmas

It just so happened to work out this year that we got to spend Christmas Eve and Christmas Day at my parents’ house.  There is absolutely no place I’d rather be!  We have actually never been here on Christmas Eve or Christmas Day for at least the last eleven years, so this was quite the treat.  Tomorrow we’ll head to see grandparents in Ruston, but these two days at home have been pure bliss.  Mom has everything decorated so beautifully, and I finally felt like it was Christmas time as soon as we walked through the door yesterday morning. 

IMG_4769 Christmas in Livingston2 Christmas in Livingston

I love everyone’s cute and creative wrapping.  I especially love it all together under the tree.

Christmas in Livingston5 IMG_4772

The birds on cinnamon stick bundles are always my favorite thing on Mom’s tree. 

Christmas in Livingston3

The dessert buffet has stayed well stocked with gingerbread, red velvet cookies, my great-grandmother’s toffee recipe that my mom has mastered, and festive sugar cookies.  And, I adore her cute drink station for a good hot drink to go with our sweet treats.

IMG_4764 Christmas in Livingston1

We did heavy hors d’oeuvres for Christmas Eve dinner – one of my favorite meals ever.  Hot pimento cheese dip with pita chips, Mexican shrimp cocktail, veggies and homemade bleu cheese and Mr. B’s for dipping, marinated olives, and Polish mistakes.

Christmas in Livingston4

While we were getting our supper ready, we came across all of the Christmas plates we decorated growing up each year.  We all had a good laugh over some of those gems. 

IMG_4777

We also did gifts on Christmas Eve but saved stockings for Christmas morning.  Melanie and I both got adorable tassel monogrammed bracelets from Mary Katherine.  I am literally going to wear this every day!

IMG_4786 IMG_4782

Christmas in Livingston7

The Christmas Eve supper was delicious, but Christmas morning brunch wins for best meal of the week so far – Mom’s cinnamon rolls, berry and yogurt parfaits, sausage balls, and sausage and grits quiche.  Nothing in the world can top those cinnamon rolls!  The fact that all the girls were in matching macaron pajamas all morning only made everything even better.  

Christmas in Livingston6

Today we’ve played Cranium, taken naps, gone on a couple of walks, and just generally enjoyed being lazy at home – my absolute favorite kind of day.  I’m so thankful for time with my family celebrating the birth of our Savior and the hope, peace, and joy we have in Him.  Merry Christmas to all! 

2 comments:

  1. A merry Christmas indeed! The best day! xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sounds like the perfect, relaxing Christmas! So glad you were able to spend it with the ones you love. xo!

    ReplyDelete