Friday, December 19, 2014

Five on Friday: Vol. 44

Happy Friday to you and to the lovely hostesses of Five on Friday - A.Liz Adventures, Carolina Charm, The Good Life, and Hello Happiness!  

image

ONE: Christmas #1

We celebrated with my in-laws last weekend when they came up to Dallas to visit us and our new house.  It was so fun showing them all we’ve done in the house and our new neighborhood!  After opening presents, we went on a walk and ended up at our neighborhood park.  I love love love this park – it has the best swings, a duck pond, and a playground.  I see many more trips there in our future!

Wall Visit1 IMG_4724

Wall Visit2

Wall Visit

TWO: New Beauty Products! 

When we were in Austin for Thanksgiving, Austin’s cousin, Nina, did my make up one night before dinner.  I loooved it and wish she could do it every single day!  She and Casey (my SIL) recommended some new products for me to try, and last weekend we made a trip to Ulta for me to purchase some.  Loving everything so far – maybe I can get my act together and do a more detailed post soon! 

IMG_4731

Casey has been singing the praises of Benefit’s “They’re Real” mascara for a while, and she gifted me some for Christmas.  So far I’m loving it.  My in-laws also gave me the Naked Basics palette, which is also amazing.

THREE: The Shrimp Cocktail Surprise

My FIL Buddy makes a mean cocktail sauce, and he just so happened to find out recently that shrimp cocktail is my favorite appetizer of all time.  When my in-laws were here last weekend, they brought a mysterious cooler and instructions not to open it.  It turned out to be holding a ton of boiled shrimp and the famous cocktail sauce!  We had no problem finishing off all of the shrimp before dinner on Saturday – so delicious!

IMG_4737 

FOUR: Snowflake the Classroom Elf

My mom is doing elf on a shelf with her third grade class, and she posts a picture of their elf, Snowflake, each morning on Instagram.  I have loved watching Snowflake’s adventures this December!  Today is the last day of fun for Snowflake this year – here are some of my favorite things he’s done:

photo 1 photo 3

photo 5 photo

photo 2 photo 4

FIVE: That’s a Wrap

I’m nearing the end of my wrapping this season, and I adore this green and gold ribbon I found at Hobby Lobby.  I need to make some tags for my family’s gifts this weekend, and then we’ll be all set for our Christmas travels! 

Christmas Decor1

Can’t believe next week at this time Christmas will have come and gone!  Merry Friday before Christmas!

13 comments:

  1. I love that Carolina blue color on you and your presents are gorgeous. I love the brown and green.

    ReplyDelete
  2. So merry! I love it! And girl...Benefit's They're Real is my favorite mascara!!! I'm obsessed. I save it for special occasions (AKA going out!) just for fun too...and to make it last longer! :)
    xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. Your gift wrap looks so classy and festive! And is there anything better than new beauty products?? I love a good trip to Ulta! Merry Christmas!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I have the original naked and the naked basics palettes and swear by them! I'm going to have to check out that mascara---I've been hearing great things about it!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh I love your wrapping paper. The craft paper is a great way to go! I have enjoyed seeing my teacher friends share pictures of their classroom elves. Such a neat idea to use it in the classroom. Have you noticed Children behaving better? :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Oh my gosh your wrapping is out of this world good!! Hope you have a great weekend! xo, Biana - BlovedBoston

    ReplyDelete
  7. Love the Elf in the classroom. I did it in my classroom and the students loved it!!!!!Happy Friday
    Chelsea @ thewilliamsjourney1.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  8. Your packages are so lovely! I need to learn to make pretty bows!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Your wrapping is so pretty! I've never been one to have a theme with gift wrap but I think I might try next year!

    Justine
    www.lifeasabaltimoregirl.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  10. that's so fun your mom brought the Elf on the Shelf to the classroom! i bet the kids love it. xo jillian - cornflake dreams

    ReplyDelete
  11. I'm obsessed with They're Real -- best mascara ever! Love that you have a neighborhood park, it looks adorable! Hope you had a good weekend :)

    ReplyDelete
  12. I have that Naked Basics palette on my wishlist! I love my Naked palette but sometimes I don't want all of that shimmer! Love your wrapping!

    ReplyDelete
  13. I love getting my makeup done, it's so much fun right?

    Love your wrapping paper!

    ReplyDelete