Tuesday, December 16, 2014

Christmas in the New House

I’m excited to link up with some of my favorite gals in blog land today for the final round of their Holiday Link Up series.  Thanks Lisa, Katie, Cait, and Annie!

Holiday Link Up

Probably my favorite Christmas tradition that Austin and I have established is getting a new Old World Christmas ornament each year that we’ve been married.  We actually got the first ornament, a wedding cake ornament, as a gift from one of the stores where we registered for our wedding. 

Decor

Year two was our first year as A&M season ticket holders, and we stumbled upon a perfect ornament at the bookstore on campus.  Then, year three, we took an amazing vacation to Charleston and knew we wanted to commemorate that with a pretty pineapple ornament.  This year, a house was the only option since we’ve just bought and moved in to our first home!

Christmas Decor

We put our tree up the weekend after Thanksgiving, and I just adore sitting in the living room in the mornings or evenings and having it all lit up.  I’d love to get more mercury glass, gold, green, and blue ornaments for next year’s tree, but I’m enjoying the change this year of significantly less red than my tree has had in the past.  I couldn’t get rid of every bit of red – I do have some on a side table…

IMG_4709

Austin’s parents came to Dallas last weekend to celebrate an early Christmas.  I was a major slacker and wrapped all of their gifts in the wee hours of Friday morning before they arrived.  I still need to finish wrapping gifts for my family – that is at the top of my list this week! 

IMG_4708

The last thing I wanted to share today is probably one of my favorite areas in the new house – I think I’ve even posted a picture of the bulletin board my mom and I made before.  Now that it is covered in Christmas cards I love it even more!   It has filled in even more and is completely covered since I snapped this picture. 

IMG_4694

And finally, our 2014 Christmas card which doubles as a moving announcement:

IMG_4741

I realize the washi tape takes away from the cuteness just a bit, but I’m not sharing my address with the world wide web :)

Merry Christmas!  Can’t wait to check out all of the festive posts today!

12 comments:

  1. Gorgeous tree!!!!! I just love it, as well as the two that decorated it! See y'all Tuesday night!

    Mom

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love how you display your holiday cards - I need a better system!!! Your cards turned out great this year and you were smart to make it do double duty and work as the announcement as well!! xo, Biana - BlovedBoston

    ReplyDelete
  3. Your tree is gorgeous!! And the Christmas card display is so pretty, I need to do something like that!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love it! And love the card and moving announcement in one! xx

    ReplyDelete
  5. We got a wedding cake Old World ornament as a gift too, they are so beautiful! Your decorations are adorable, enjoy your first Christmas in your new home!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I love everything! The tree, your Christmas card and little peaks of the new house! Good idea on the house ornament - I think I need to get one of those, too!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Beautiful, lady! I love your tree and the ornaments are so much fun. Our tradition is to buy one from all the places we visit each year. We have a lot to add this year.

    I love your card display, so pretty and festive! Love your card!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Your tree is beautiful! I love your ornament tradition and your card display!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Gig 'em! I have a tree full of Aggie ornaments, but yours is the prettiest I've seen yet. Beautiful decorations at your house!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Your tree is beautiful, I never thought of taking out the Red! I love your Christmas Card, it is so cute! Happy Christmas in your new home ! :))

    ReplyDelete
  11. I love the idea of getting a new ornament every year! That is so special!! Your tree looks wonderful. (:

    ReplyDelete
  12. I really like the idea of getting a new Christmas ornament every year. Makes the tree fill up with many different memories and celebrates the year passed. Will be doing the same this year too and get my wife involved she will love the idea. The tree you had looks amazing. Well done on all the decorations, it looks really cozy!

    Jefferson @ T.J. Lamb Real Estate

    ReplyDelete