Monday, November 10, 2014

Weekending: Back at It!

Well that was an unintended three week break!  I guess that is what moving will do to a person who prioritizes getting rid of all boxes over most other things.  But, I am happy to be back and (mostly) settled into the new house.  Lots of updates to come on that front! 

Not surprisingly, I did not take a lot of pictures of the chaos of moving, and so the last three weeks will probably go undocumented on the blog.  I can’t wait to share our house as it slowly comes together!  My mom came to town on Thursday evening, and we spent the better part of the weekend decorating and working on window treatments for the house.  It was so wonderful to have her here, and it was the most productive 72 hours I’ve had since we moved! 

Not only did she bring her sewing machine, she also came bearing gifts in the form of homemade bread and homemade pumpkin butter.  This year I tried Trader Joe’s pumpkin butter for the first time and love it, but I have to say her homemade version blew the TJ’s version out of the water.  You basically haven’t lived until you’ve had this deliciousness on homemade bread!   

Mom at New House

We ran a ton of errands on Friday, and we also managed to squeeze in a quick stop at NorthPark and lunch at Panera followed by Hobby Lobby and Lowe’s.  I have lost count of how many times I’ve been to Lowe’s in the past three weeks!  It is pretty much our new home away from home.   

Saturday we put the first holes in the walls and got a ton of things hung in the living room and kitchen.  We made the cutest bulletin board for a little command center right near our garage door and kitchen, and mom worked on some of our window treatments.  I’ll share more pictures of the house soon, but here’s one of my favorite nooks.  I’ve since put up a few invitations and things on the board, and I just adore it!

IMG_4610

We took a break to have some fun fall pasta Mom brought with her and a salad for lunch on Saturday.  How cute is that festive pasta? 

IMG_4614

We did have the A&M/Auburn game on TV on Saturday afternoon while we were working around the house – how about those Aggies?!!  I really cannot believe we won that game – it was so fun to watch! 

My dad joined us on Sunday for lunch and to see the house.  I made some bean soup in the crock pot that simmered away while we were at church, and it was delightful.  For some reason, I’ve never made the 15 bean soup, but it is definitely one of my new favorites.  Our temperatures have gotten quite a bit cooler in Dallas this weekend, and I’m pretty excited about the leftovers in my lunchbox this week. 

After lunch my parents hit the road to head back home, and I miss them already!  I sure do love our house, but the one thing that would make it better would be being closer to our families. 

IMG_4621

Recently Updated (2)

Linking up with B Loved Boston for Weekending on this Monday morning!  

7 comments:

  1. My mom has always made 15 bean soup and it's so delicious! I might make some this week! Where did your mom find those cute pasta noodles from?

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love that dropping temps means I can make more soups.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Welcome back girl and so happy that the move is all done and you guys are in your new home!! Can't wait to see how you decorate everything!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Congrats on your new home!! From the little sneak peak you posted, I love your kitchen area! That homemade pumpkin butter/bread sounds delightful! :)

    Paige
    tomatoesforcucumbers.com

    ReplyDelete
  5. Congratulations on the new house! I love that bulletin board for the command center!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Homemade bread with homemade pumpkin butter sounds absolutely amazing. I love TJ's pumpkin butter and can't even imagine how great a homemade version would be. Stopping by from the linkup! :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. yum! that bread and pumpkin butter looks so good. xo jillian - cornflake dreams

    ReplyDelete