Friday, November 21, 2014

Five on Friday: Vol. 42

Happy Friday to you and to the lovely hostesses of Five on Friday - A.Liz Adventures, Carolina Charm, The Good Life, and Hello Happiness!  

image

one//Still loving soup, although our weather is heating up just a bit.  I tweaked Honey We’re Healthy’s recipe for lentil soup, and we’ve been eating it for a week.

lentil soup

two//We have gotten two sweet housewarming gifts from our friends this week – a beautiful orchid and a pretty candle.  I love them both!   

Pictures

three//Tonight we’re attending a fun date night at our church with several other couples from our class called “A Black and White Affair.”  Everyone is wearing black and/or white.  This means a pretty basic cocktail dress for me, but Austin decided to wear his tux – any excuse :)

ULD

four//Some Thanksgiving cooking is on the agenda this weekend, and I can’t wait to get started.  A much needed hair appointment is the only other thing I have planned.  I’d also love to tackle getting our Christmas cards addressed, some online Christmas shopping, and getting a few thank you notes out the door.  For Thanksgiving next week, I’m contributing my favorite cranberry relish, this bourbon chocolate pecan pie, corn casserole, and jezebel sauce.  I kind of can’t believe Thanksgiving is already here!  Cranberry relish is my favorite of all the Thanksgiving foods – what is yours?!

Blog Randoms2

five//Austin and I have a tradition of getting one Christmas ornament each year to represent something special about that year.  In 2011, the year we got married, it was a wedding cake.  In 2012, the first year we had season tickets to A&M games, it was an Aggie ornament.  In 2013, we took a wonderful trip to Charleston, so we got a pineapple.  All three ornaments have been Old World Christmas so far, but this year we might just have to step out of the Old World Christmas box and get this precious house ornament from this Etsy shop.  I have had it pinned for a long time, and this is the perfect year for it! 

Decor

house ornament

Happy Friday – stay warm! 

8 comments:

  1. I love the idea of getting a Christmas ornament every year to represent something big/special from that year! Such a fun idea so you can look back every year at all the years past! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm loving soup, too. It's been so chilly here in the DC area.

    Those are such wonderful house warming gifts, and so pretty!

    I love your ornament idea, perfect!

    Have a great weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  3. That is such a great Christmas tradition!!! I love the idea of a orchid...I am going to a house warming tomorrow and needed an idea!! Hope you have a great weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love your ornament tradition, the house would be perfect! I think this is such a sweet idea.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I can't wait to see pics of your new house. Congratulations! You definitely need that house ornament.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Love the idea of the ornament tradition! Thanks for sharing, I want to let me husband know about it sicne it will be our first year as Mr and Mrs for Christmas!

    Showered With Design

    ReplyDelete
  7. Chocolate bourbon pie?!? Yum. And yeah our weather is hit or miss for soups but we r still having them!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Love the idea of getting an ornament together every year!! I may have to get one of the house ones for myself :) I can hardly believe Thanksgiving is here either... bring on ALL the food!

    ReplyDelete