Monday, October 13, 2014

Weekending: Feels Like Fall

The fact that the weather finally felt appropriately seasonal is about the best thing I can say about Saturday given the not-so-great outcome of the Aggie game.  Linking up with the lovely Biana today for some weekend highlights!

weekending

On Saturday morning, we got up and met some friends from church for coffee and delicious coffee cake before packing up to head to College Station.  There was finally a little bit of a fall chill in the air, and the day was off to a great start. 

We headed down to College Station, and our first order of business was to stop by my sister’s dorm so we could all walk to the stadium together.  Of course she walked out of her dorm in nearly an identical outfit to what I was wearing.  My mom got us both the same maroon dress… and we both apparently thought it needed similar accessorizing!  There were a few double takes as we were walking around campus. 

IMG_4569

We walked around and ran into some friends – always a fun part of game day in College Station.  MK had never been to the Association of Former Students building, so we stopped there for a picture at the big Aggie ring statue.

Ole Miss Wknd   IMG_4576

MK had plans to go to a Pine Cove tailgate, so we said good by to her and headed to see our friends Conner and Jen at their tailgate for a bit.  They always have such a cute set up, and it was fun catching up with them and some other friends! 

Then it was finally time to head to the stadium.  I am so not a fan of 8:00 kick offs – I was basically ready for bed before the first quarter was over.  And apparently so were the Aggies… what a disaster!  We left in the 4th quarter and made the considerably shorter drive to my parents’ house instead of driving all the way back to Dallas. 

On Sunday we just had the best and most relaxing day before heading back to Dallas.  We enjoyed the cool weather and had coffee on the porch, a French toast feast for breakfast, and then Mom and I went for a long walk.  Austin and I got to show Mom some pictures and a floor plan of the new house, and I loved getting to talk through some of my thoughts on furniture and decorating in person with her.  We took a delightful Sunday afternoon nap, and then we cooked a really tasty supper that included these pumpkin yeast rolls!

IMG_4583

As much as I love carbs – and all things pumpkin right now – the real star of supper was this amazing salad with shredded Brussels sprouts, dried cranberries, blue cheese, spiced walnuts, and honey cinnamon croutons.  I’m super excited that I have a little tupperware of it going to work with me today for lunch!

IMG_4585

Collages1

An Aggie win would have been nice, but the weekend was still a very good one since it included time with some of my favorite people… and those amazing pumpkin rolls.

We’re ready for a great week since we close on our house on Wednesday!!

7 comments:

  1. Oh my gosh - how funny that you and your sister were almost twins!! Sounds like a great weekend and good luck on the closing!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love that you & your sister have pretty much the same mind and accessorized with similar things. I was pulling for your team :( Sorry it wasn't the outcome you wanted!

    ReplyDelete
  3. How cute! You and your sister are adorable! Yeast rolls are my favorite kind of rolls! I would love to try a pumpkin roll though. Might have to look up a recipe! Good luck on closing your house!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I swear half the fun sometimes is dressing up for the game right? :-) Y'all looked adorable!!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Sounds like a great weekend! Love that you and your sister wore the same outfit! And that salads sounds so yummy!

    ReplyDelete
  6. you are so pretty! and i love that scarf. want to ship some pumpkin yeast rolls to me in charlotte??!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Great scarf, and those rolls look delish! PS I am in the Big D as well!

    ReplyDelete