Friday, October 17, 2014

Five on Friday: Vol. 40

Happy Friday to you and to the lovely hostesses of Five on Friday - A.Liz Adventures, Carolina Charm, The Good Life, and Hello Happiness!  I’m going to dive right in because I’m pretty excited about my number one…

image

ONE: We have a house!  We closed on Wednesday, and it is official.  I can’t believe it!  We are over the moon excited.  Now I really need to pack up our entire apartment this weekend – yikes.  Tonight I made zero progress on packing, but I did tear out two recipes from Cooking Light, so I’m calling that a win.  Also on the agenda this weekend: installing blinds, cleaning the new house, and appliance shopping.  Woo-hoo!

IMG_4484

TWO: Casey cooked us dinner on Monday, and she brought these teeny tiny ice creams for dessert.  They were the perfect size!  Loved those little guys.   

tiny Ben & Jerry's

THREE: Mom’s October card came in the mail yesterday, and it is hard to believe that this is the last card I’ll get at this address.  She has sent me a card every single month for the forty-one months we’ve lived here. Looking forward to November’s coming to the new house!

October 2014

P.S. – There was coordinating candy corn washi tape on the envelope!!

FOUR:  In other news about how I was productive in all the wrong ways this week, I’ve been pinning paint colors up a storm.  We are planning to hold off on having any of the interior walls painted for a little while and just live with the neutral gray that is there for the time being.  But rest assured, I have my color palette ready to go when the time comes!

Favorite pin from last night (via):

paint colors

FIVE: And a little “fall back Friday” to round out my five - oh how our Halloweens have changed.  I don’t think we ever imagined we’d be married and getting ready to move into our first house eight years ago when we took this pic at a Halloween party in 2006!

Halloween 2006

19 comments:

  1. Congratulations on the new house! You must be so excited! Enjoy your weekend :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Congratulations on the new house - as funny as it sounds I think appliance shopping will be so much fun!! Happy Friday!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Yay!!! Congratulations on the house! Such an exciting time.. and yes, hold off on painting as long as you can, ha! Love the throwback pic :) Have a great weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  4. WOW!!! Congrats on the new home!! I can't wait to see more updates about it :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Congratulations on your home-- such an exciting time! My fiance and I are in the process of getting married (Nov. 8) and closing on our first house (11/25) so, ya know... nothing like all of the crazy at once! I've definitely found myself looking at paint colors more than wedding details at this point though :) Have a great weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Congrats on the house! I love that your mom sent you a card every month - that is such a great idea... and a reminder that I need to send more cards! Have a super weekend! :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Congratulations on the new house! It's gorgeous!
    I love that your mom sends you a card every month. That is so sweet!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Congrats on the new house! It is so cute! I love the dormers! Have a good weekend! :)

    Paige
    tomatoesforcucumbers.com

    ReplyDelete
  9. Congrats on your new house! That's SO exciting and what a great time of year to move! Not too hot and not too cold!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Popping over from the link up :) Congrats on your house, it is so so pretty!! And I hear ya on Halloweens changing, the hubby and I went from bar hopping to bottles and sippy cups, LOL.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Your house looks so cute!! Love that you mom sends you cards every month! That's so thoughtful!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Congratulations on your new house! It's gorgeous! :)

    ReplyDelete
  13. Popping over from the link up..Congrats on the house it's so pretty!
    Have a great weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  14. Congratulations on your new house! I love the paint pallet too :)

    ReplyDelete
  15. Yay!!!! Congrats on your house - super exciting!!! And I love those mini ice creams... Otherwise I would eat a whole pint, ha!

    ReplyDelete
  16. Happy closing day! I can't wait to see a house tour once you are all moved in! I know it will be fabulous! Owning your own home is such a big adventure!

    ReplyDelete
  17. I LOVE the new house! Exciting times ahead!

    ReplyDelete