Friday, October 3, 2014

Five on Friday: Vol. 38

It’s back, it’s back!  Hooray for the return of Five on Friday after a summer hiatus!  Happy Friday to all of you and to the lovely hostesses of Five on Friday - A.Liz Adventures, Carolina Charm, The Good Life, and Hello Happiness!

image

ONE – I’ve been full out obsessing over these shoes all week… and now I cannot find my size anywhere.  A calf-hair leopard pump has now become a must have in my fall wardrobe.  Perhaps tomorrow is the day I finally find a pair to bring home? 

leopard pump 

TWO – We are moving THIS MONTH!  I can’t really believe it.  Before writing this blog post, I ordered a chandelier for our dining room… after deciding yesterday morning on our run that I didn’t like the one we bought last Friday night.  I’m hoping I won’t turn into a completely indecisive mess with all of the big decisions ahead with our house!  One thing I’m sure of - this needs to happen.  Maybe I’ll just go ahead and start my Christmas list with this little guy…

calligraphy address stamp

Or this adorable home portrait ornament… I mean – so precious!

home portrait ornament 

THREE – The A&M home games are a little bit few and far between this season.  My sweet mom sent me a new maroon dress with Austin’s birthday gift last week that I cannot wait to wear to the Ole Miss game next weekend!  Oh and two new tassel bracelets that I adore.  I have worn either the black or the navy one every single day this week.  P.S. Old Navy has so much maroon stuff right now – thank goodness maroon appears to be “in” right now, because cute maroon clothes are not always easy to come by.   

IMG_4548

FOUR – We are moving just a few days before Halloween, so I have not bothered to get out any fall decorations here at our apartment.  I don’t have that many, but I think we’re going to need to do something festive by the front door… especially because we might actually have trick-or-treaters for the first time ever!  I’ve been obsessed with this pumpkin topiary since the first time I saw it.  Needs to happen!

SL pumpkin topiary

FIVE – Although our constant stream of weddings has significantly slowed, we do have a wedding tomorrow night.  Thankfully it is local, and thankfully the weather has cooled off a bit.  After a major storm yesterday, it is starting to feel more like fall.  Maybe this time the cooler temps are really here to stay?  Anyway, I’m pretty sure we are both wearing the same thing we wore to a wedding last November, so don’t be surprised if you see a very similar picture on the blog next week ;)  

IMG_3071

13 comments:

  1. Girl, tell me about it. Decent orange clothing is as hard to come by as maroon! You are lucky that your color is in style this season! Have fun at your wedding this weekend :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Those shoes are amazing, hopefully you'll find them and soon. I love that home portrait ornament, I've got to remember that when we buy our first home :)!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Decorating a home has definitely brought out the indecisiveness in me but I just try and remind myself that nothing is permanent and almost everything can be returned :) And YAY for finally having trick or treaters! That will be a first for us, too!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Congrats on moving! Hope it is an easy transition for you - I love that address stamp! :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love love love the stamp! Thanks for sharing! I am going to have to look into get this gem of a stamp! Good luck in your move! It is always exciting, but also a nervous time because so many things can happen.

    Also, I am teaming up with another great blog, www.2catsandchloe.com for our first-ever Celebrate Southern link up on October 7th. As a Texas blogger, we would love for you to join in on our southern-inspired link up! I hope you can join us!

    http://www.ahotsouthernmess.com/2014/09/the-celebrate-southern-link-up-party.html

    J @ A Hot Southern Mess
    www.ahotsouthernmess.com

    ReplyDelete
  6. EVERYTHING in this post is perfection!!! Sooo excited for y'all and your move! xx

    ReplyDelete
  7. I absolutely love those shoes too - hope you can find your size soon!! I can't wait to see what the chandelier looks like - i'm sure it's amazing! Hope you guys have fun at the wedding!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Stopping by from the link up :) I am obsessed with leopard heels for this Fall too. Have you checked out these ones yet? https://www.victoriassecret.com/shoes/heels-and-pumps/ankle-strap-pump-vs-collection?ProductID=169025&CatalogueType=OLS

    Justine
    www.lifeasabaltimoregirl.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  9. Those shoes are so gorgeous! I snagged a pair with a chunky heel at Target last fall and I wear them all the time. I also think your dress from the last photo is gorgeous...you totally should wear it again this weekend! Hope you enjoy the wedding and your weekend! xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  10. How exciting you're moving! Can't wait to see pics of the new house. LOVE your green lace dress!

    ReplyDelete
  11. darn, I just ordered a new address stamp from Tiny Prints and now I wish I had held out to get a super cute and original one like that. I didn't even love the one I ordered, but i just needed one! Good luck on the move!!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Ahhh!!! I LOVEEEE that address stamp!!! I'm going to order when I get home from work!!

    ReplyDelete
  13. That address stamp is so adorable! I also love the idea of a home portrait ornament...I've never seen one before but it would be such a great gift!

    ReplyDelete