Monday, September 29, 2014

Whirlwind Weekending!

Hello and happy Monday evening – getting this post up while it is still actually Monday is a slight improvement from last week when I posted our weekend recap on Tuesday.  I’m vowing to post at least twice this week – it is in my planner, so it’s bound to happen ;).  The return of my favorite link up on Friday will surely be just the boost I need to get back into more of a regular blogging routine.  But backing up a bit to this past Friday… Linking up with Biana today, per usual on a Monday, for our weekend recap.

weekending

Austin’s birthday was on Thursday, and on Friday night we went out for a fancy date to Outback and then to Lowe’s where we made our first purchase for the new house – a chandelier!  It was pretty exciting, and things with the house are finally starting to feel real. 

Saturday morning Buddy and Suann came to town, and we started our day of celebrating Austin with pumpkin muffins, eggs, and sausage.  No pictures of these festivities because I was still making Austin’s birthday cake when they arrived!  We enjoyed catching up a bit over breakfast, and Casey came over (from her new apartment just down the street that I still need to blog about!) to join the fun, too.  Austin and his dad loaded up our table to take to the new house so that we could get an idea of where we want the new chandelier placed.  We gave Buddy, Suann, and Casey a tour of the house, and figured out chandy placement. 

After a quick stop at Trader Joe’s (a very crowded place to be on a Saturday afternoon!), we met back up at home for the Aggie game.  Which was QUITE stressful.  Not stressful enough to keep me from taking a nap during the third quarter, but still quite stressful at the end.  Thank goodness my Ags pulled out the win!

I have to mention these little life changers – oh my word.  We ate them with some gouda as a snack during the game.  Austin and I finished the box this afternoon.  They are so dang good.  I’m planning to go back and stock up ASAP.  I also bought some pumpkin butter as a total impulse purchase and cannot wait to have some on my oatmeal this week!

TJ pumpkin crisps

Our celebration/birthday dinner was spaghetti and meatballs followed by the birthday boy’s favorite carrot cake.

IMG_4502

We went on a little walk at Klyde Warren park after dinner and enjoyed the Dallas skyline and some tolerable temperatures.

Austin's Birthday

On Sunday, Austin and I got in a nice run before church, which is not something we normally do, but after all of our birthday eating on Saturday, it was much needed and a great way to start the day!  We had a great Sunday at church and loved having Austin’s parents and Casey in the service with us.  After church, our Sunday school class went on a segway tour of Dallas.. in matching t-shirts!  It was such a fun time seeing our city on wheels with some of our favorite friends.

IMG_4504 IMG_4532 IMG_4519 J2U Segway

Have a great week!  See y’all on Friday, if not before then. 

3 comments:

  1. A for the new house...can't even wait to see it! The pumpkin crisps from TJ's would be delicious with some cheese- will definitely pick it up on my next run!! Sounds like it was a great weekend!! Hope you had a great Monday!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yay for the new house!! A chandelier is the best first purchase :) Can't wait to hear more about it! Glad you had a good weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love all of the new Trader Joe's Fall arrivals! Exciting house news that's wonderful!

    ReplyDelete