Tuesday, September 23, 2014

Weekending – a Golden Birthday & a Big Move

Austin’s sister Casey turned 19 on Friday, which was the 19th of September = golden birthday!  She celebrated in a big way by moving from Austin to Dallas this weekend.  Much of our weekend was spent celebrating Casey and helping with the move.  She is all settled in and ready for her school to start at the beginning of October!  Pics of her apt coming soon – we had a ball decorating on Saturday afternoon. 

We dined at Royal China, the birthday girl’s fave, for her actual birthday on Friday night.

IMG_4489

There were also presents!

Casey's Birthday1

Casey's Birthday

On Saturday morning, I was at the Arboretum bright and early as a volunteer for the annual Tour des Fleurs 10k/20k.  My JL placement this year is the Arboretum, and it is such a pretty place to spend some time!  The Arboretum was also kicking off their famous Autumn at the Arboretum on Saturday, so there were beautiful pumpkins everywhere.  It really felt like fall… except for the high temps.  Last year Austin and I ran the 20k, but this year, due to the much higher temperatures, I was thankful to just be handing out water at the finish line. 

Saturday night we introduced Casey to two of our Dallas favorites – Flying Fish and Paciugo.

After a jam-packed Saturday, we had a great Sunday morning at church, and then I made it my personal mission not to leave the house for the rest of the day.  I was successful, and it was so nice.  There was a nap, some book reading, and I started the new Southern Living.  With our own move on the horizon, my lazy Sunday afternoons are probably coming to an end… we need to start thinking about purging and packing!   

Now switching gears just a bit, I have been looking to this week of the premiere of fall shows for quite a while!  I’m probably more excited for Thursday night than I should be – the return of Scandal!  And, I can’t wait to watch the new show following Scandal, How to Get Away With Murder.  Thursday is also Austin’s birthday, so it is going to be just an all-around great day! 

           how to get away with murder scandal 2

Oh, and I discovered yesterday that the Scandal collection comes out at the Limited today.  Now, I haven’t been to the Limited in quite some time, but I’m seriously contemplating a stop by Northpark this evening to check it out.  Who knows how the quality will be, but Olivia’s wardrobe is one of my favorite things about the show. 

I’m off to finish painting my nails before work – have a great Tuesday! Linking up a day late with B Loved Boston

weekending

7 comments:

  1. Woo hoo, Scandal! Can't wait for it to come back on this week!

    ReplyDelete
  2. How in the world did I not know there was a Scandal clothing collection?! Off to check that out! Can't wait for Thursday either :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm so excited that Scandal and How to get away with murder are on this Thursday!! Finally :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. my birthday was the 19th too! happy birthday to her as well :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Two thumbs up for Scandal returning this week!! And Parenthood - my favs!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Yay for Scandal!! Sounds like such a great weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Oh my, the coats and wraps in the Scandal collection! Those are my faves of Olivia's.

    Have a great weekend!

    ReplyDelete