Monday, September 15, 2014

Weekending: Finally Fall

This weekend was extra special due to the temperatures finally dipping down into what I consider to be “fall range.”  I was actually a little chilly when I ventured to the grocery store on Saturday morning, and I broke out some boots for the first time this season.  I’m in denial that these temps are going to go back up this week, but I’m afraid they might. 

On Saturday morning we cooked a late breakfast of French toast, watched College Gameday, and got ready for a cook off with our Sunday school class that afternoon.  The cook off was a really fun idea that I can take absolutely no credit for – our class paired up with another class at our church and each class brought a version of a dish.  I brought potato salad, and someone from the other class did as well.  We had everything you could possibly need for a delicious BBQ!  At the actual event, each dish was assigned a 1 or a 2, and everyone had a ballot to vote as they ate.  It was so fun! 

J2U v IMG_4467 IMG_4468 IMG_4475

The winners of each category took home a wooden spoon and a Target gift card. 

IMG_4478

Couples from our class who were there – so thankful for these friends and our church!

The rest of my Saturday was spent curled up in my favorite chair with my favorite blanket, a pile of magazines, and watching the Aggies play dominate.

Sunday brought church, lunch with friends, and another birthday part at Dallas Life for the children there.  It was so nice to have cooler temperatures for the party - last time we helped with the birthday party was in August, and we were pretty much in a puddle by the end. 

We then spent some time at what will hopefully be our house in October going over a list of things with our Realtor to discuss with the seller and doing a little measuring.  We also did some exploring around the area and fell in love with all of the great parks that are super close to the neighborhood!!  

I watched Miss America last night, and I’m still in shock that the winner’s talent involved red Solo cups… that’s really all I’ll say about that.  I did love Miss Arkansas’ black evening gown!

Linking up with B Loved Boston on this Monday morning.  

weekending

4 comments:

  1. I honestly couldn't believe that girl won - I mean she had a cup and was singing - so strange haha!!! I thought the dancers were phenomenal!! Sounds like you had a really great weekend and the food at the cook off - Yum!! Have a great Monday!

    ReplyDelete
  2. All that food looks incredible!!! I love a good cook-off especially when it involves college football!! Looks like you had a fabulous weekend.

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a fun weekend! Nothing better than college football and that delicious barbecue. :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. That cookoff is such a fun idea!! I may borrow that some time :) :)

    ReplyDelete