Friday, September 12, 2014

Five on Friday – Vol. 38

Well hello there!  My 10 day hiatus from the blog was definitely not intentional, but house hunting, the start of football season (and thus the start of traveling to College Station on the weekends), and commitments each night this week have gotten the best of me.  Here are some highlights from the past few days…

ONE – We were in Aggieland on Saturday for the home opener!  It was great to be back, and even greater that a trip to College Station now means I get to see my sister.  The game had an unfortunate 2 hour+ weather delay, but we stayed through the first half and made a very very late drive back to Dallas. 

A&M vs

iced coffee in appropriate cups for the road trip to CS after a long morning of house hunting// my favorite member of the Fighting Texas Aggie c/o 2018// Kyle Field with 104,000+ of my bffs (Saturday we had the largest crowd ever in the state of TX for a college football game – whoop!) #everythingsbiggerintexas

IMG_4461

TWO – A cool front is expected to come through Dallas today.  Hello fall! Naturally, I made a big pot of red beans and rice yesterday.  It is my very favorite fall meal. 

THREE – We are closer than we’ve ever been to getting a house, and I’m so cautiously excited about it.  Say a little prayer for us that this one is it!  We had a long day Wednesday looking at 5 houses after work, but it just may have been worth it.  I think I’m going to be holding my breath for the next month!   

FOUR – I got a cute “back to school” September card from Mom this month – yes, she is an elementary school teacher!  Even though I don’t technically go back to school any more, who can really resist the pull to purchase office supplies during this time of year?  You better believe I’m fully stocked with my all-time favorite pens for quite a while. 

September 2014

FIVE – Austin and his sister Casey both have September birthdays, and I’m anxiously awaiting a few packages to arrive in the mail.  Spending so much time house hunting and with various other commitments has not left much time to do anything crafty or creative, so I’m looking forward to spending some time wrapping gifts and making birthday cards as these birthdays approach.  Some of my favorite gift wrapping ideas from Pinterest

Blog Randoms2 washi flags//paper feathers//hand lettered//washi candles (could use scrapbook paper!)

Happy Friday! 

2 comments:

  1. Saying a prayer for the house to work out!! Such an exciting/nerve wracking time.. I know! Have a great weekend :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Praying that you get this house!! And I LOVEEE all of this gift wrap ideas!

    ReplyDelete