Monday, August 18, 2014

Weekending

Another great Dallas weekend is in the books!   Linking up with Biana on this Monday morning. 

weekending

Friday: after work, I pretty much collapsed on the couch and wanted to go to sleep immediately.  Sometimes the work weak just wears me out.  But, Austin prevailed, and we went to our game night at church and had a good time.  I’m thought I might be a little black and blue on Saturday after the floor hockey and dodge ball, but luckily my injuries seemed to be pretty minor :) 

Saturday:  Austin had a scrimmage to ref on Saturday morning (is football season really here already?!), and I got some good time in the kitchen making cinnamon rolls.  I had cinnamon rolls for days, y’all – I just kept getting out more pans.  I made them Saturday morning but baked most of them Sunday morning and took them to church.  Two pans are hiding out in my freezer though, so that is definitely something to look forward to! 

Blog Randoms1

My mom makes the BEST cinnamon rolls.  Austin told me these tasted just like hers, and that is pretty much the best compliment I could ever receive. 

Saturday afternoon we went and looked at 8 houses with our realtor.  We found one that is promising, so we’ll see what happens there.  I don’t want to let myself get too excited about anything at this stage!  Looking at 8 houses in one afternoon is tiring stuff.  We rallied afterwards and went to dinner with two other couples at Truluck’s for Dallas restaurant week.  I had some delicious shrimp scamp and a wonderful salad with goat cheese, apples, and spiced pecans.  So divine!  It was a stormy afternoon and night, and the restaurant was pretty dark as well, so no pics from Saturday night, unfortunately. 

Sunday: We snuck in an early morning run on the Katy Trail on Sunday morning, which is not something we usually do.  I enjoyed it, and it was good to run off some of our Truluck’s indulging!  I am doing a walking challenge with a work organization, so wearing my pedometer around is good motivation to get a run in whenever I can. 

We had a great morning at church, the cinnamon rolls were a hit with our Sunday school class, and then we had lunch at Campisi’s after church with our class.  I just love going to lunch with our friends after church.  I know once we all start having children, Sunday lunches will be a little more complicated.

Sunday evening we went to a going away party for a couple from our church – we are so sad to see them go, but I know they have a great adventure in store for their family!  The party was a fun chance to get to socialize with some church friends who we don’t get to see as often because they are not in our class. 

That about sums it up!  I’m looking forward to a low key week with not a lot of commitments on the horizon.  I can’t believe in just five days we will be College Station bound to help my sister move into the dorm!  The excitement of that and getting to see my family so soon is going to give me something to look forward to all week. 

Have a happy and productive Monday!  Sorry for the lack of pictures – I have got to get back in the habit of toting my camera around.  See you Wednesday for Blogger Bookworms.   

5 comments:

  1. Those cinnamon rolls are divine! I need now STAT!

    Hope you have a wonderful week.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I saw the cinnamon rolls on instagram on Saturday morning and I was drooling!! Sounds like a great weekend and I'll keep my fingers crossed for everything to workout with the house you guys liked!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Those cinnamon rolls look amazing!! I've never made them myself but I may have to give it a try this coming weekend... yum! I definitely feel you on looking at so many houses in one day... it can be mentally exhausting. Hoping something works out with the one you liked!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Those cinnamon rolls look delish!!

    Paige
    tomatoesforcucumbers.com

    ReplyDelete
  5. Sounds like a great weekend! You need to post the recipe for those cinnamon rolls!

    ReplyDelete