Tuesday, August 5, 2014

Weekend Recap

Well, surprise, surprise, my weekend recap is a tiny bit tardy.  We had a jam packed weekend, but it was one of those weekends that was a good combination of fun, relaxation, and productivity. 

IMG_4387

On Friday night we met our supper club friends at Top Golf.  I am not a golfer, but I was all about sitting outside enjoying our unusually cool weather, snacking, and catching up with my friends!  We somehow lucked into something like three free hours of golf, and of course the husbands were not going to let that go to waste, so it turned into kind of a late night.  And that is why this happened -

photo 1

I’m pretty sure no one was surprised!  My friends and family all know me falling asleep is inevitable at any point once 10pm has come and gone.  In my defense, this really was only about a 5-10 minute cat nap.  And it was almost midnight!  Not an hour I see on a regular basis. 

Saturday morning we slept in quite a bit later than usual for us, and then we remembered that we had a gift certificate to one of our favorites, Garden Cafe.  We decided to head there for brunch, and once again were able to enjoy the unseasonably cool weather Dallas had this weekend.  We ate outside and it was just a perfect morning.

August 2014

Saturday afternoon I got a much needed hair cut and highlights.  I am loving the shorter length.  Saturday night we roasted some okra and cooked some squash and watched a movie at home.  Perfect night in! 

photo 4

Sunday morning we had a great day at church.  We had a little social media break between prayer time and our Sunday school lesson – I just love our class! 

Austin grilled some chicken and I put together some salads for our lunch after church, and we were so excited to have my parents swing through town to have lunch with us!  We loved having them and getting to sneak in a quick visit.  They were on their way home from their place in west Texas and squeezed in a Dallas stop to see a potential house on our short list.  They approved of the house, and we ended up making an offer, but we got the seller’s counter offer today and are not thrilled with it.  Maybe this house is not the one – we will see! 

After my parents left, I swung by the library to pick up our next Blogger Bookworms book – The Light Between Oceans.  I’ll be posting our questions tomorrow, so be sure to check back and link up if you plan on participating and blogging your answers to the questions in 2 weeks! 

4 comments:

  1. I love the picture of you asleep! I am glad that I am not the only one that can fall asleep anywhere :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Haha three hours of golf at midnight would have put me to sleep, too!! Sounds like a good weekend overall.. hopefully you can get the sellers down a bit more! Good luck!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm glad I'm not the only one who can't stay up past 10pm!!! :) :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love that you fell asleep while the boys were golfing! I have a friend who is notorious for falling asleep anywhere at anytime. She even fell asleep standing up in the middle of the student section at a college football game - hilarious!

    Paige
    tomatoesforcucumbers.com

    ReplyDelete