Friday, August 15, 2014

Oh Hey Friday – Vol. 2

So glad to see you, Friday!  I’m inking up again with with Amy & Karli again today.

OHF

{ONE] – I went a little crazy placing online hold requests on my library’s website.  That is how I ended up with this large pile of books next to my bed.  I read Second Honeymoon this week, and it was totally worth a few later-than-usual nights.  I couldn’t put it down.  If you are a James Patterson fan, pick up this book ASAP! 

IMG_4401

{TWO} – This weekend is going to be jam-packed, but super fun.  Some of the things I’m most looking forward to:

  • game night at church tonight
  • making cinnamon rolls tomorrow to take to church on Sunday
  • more house hunting – Austin scoped out some houses this week that we are really excited to see in person
  • a triple date on Saturday night (it’s Restaurant Week in Dallas!)
  • lunch with our Sunday school class after church
  • a going away party for some sweet friends on Sunday evening – this one will be bittersweet! 

{THREE} – How crazy is it that we are halfway through August?  Austin commented yesterday that it feels like it should still basically be the 4th of July.  I think so too!  I can’t believe we are just days away from moving my sister into her dorm at A&M, football season, and September! 

CS tailgate

{FOUR}  I can’t let August completely pass me by without posting my August card from mom.  Pretty stinking cute, right? 

August 2014 card

{FIVE} – Because I’m struggling to come up with a #5 and because I know it is that time of year when bloggers all start looking forward to fall, craving PSLs and “boot weather,”  I’ll leave you with this gem…

ecard

#truth!  We are still a looooong way away from cooler temps in Texas, so this is probably a premature PSA, but y’all know bloggers get antsy for the next season halfway through the current one.  Tell me you haven’t read a post in the last week where someone mentioned how ready they are for fall!!

7 comments:

  1. I am very antsy for fall...and football! This summer has gone crazy fast! Enjoy all your books and your weekend! Triple date--so fun! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm so not ready for summer to be over yet... it was 63 degrees outside this morning when I left for work. Brrr! But bring on football season! That I am ready for :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love James patterson and that book was awesome! I love reading!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I'm totally guilty of being ready for fall!!! I can't help it haha! I think I'm just more antsy for the end of the summer because it means moving time :) Hope you guys have a great weekend and good luck house hunting!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Ha! So true about bloggers mentioning they are ready for fall (i.e. my post today)! And that card from your mom is adorable! Hope you have a good weekend!

    Paige
    tomatoesforcucumbers.com

    ReplyDelete
  6. Seems like a super fun weekend ahead of you!!! I'll have to check out that book- thanks for recommending! xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  7. We are pretty far away from fall here in Arizona too - but I can't help be a little excited! PSLs are supposed to be out next Monday!! I'm not actually a huge fan, but plan to indulge for a little fall excitement :) :)

    ReplyDelete