Friday, August 1, 2014

Oh Hey Friday – Vol. 1

I am so thrilled to FINALLY be linking up with the fun hostesses of Oh Hey Friday.  I have had quite the Friday blog hiatus lately, so hopefully I still remember how to blog about five fun things from the week… Linking up with Amy & Karli!

OHF

[ONE] – I lucked into my firm’s tickets for the Rangers game on Tuesday night, and we got to go to the game with Katey and Casey.  It had been far too long since we’d hung out with them, so it was really fun to get to catch up.  And, we were blessed with a very unusually cool night considering it was July in Texas.  Only a Rangers win could have made the night better. 

July 20141

[TWO] – Most of our week, well really most of our free time in general lately, has been spent house hunting.  I think we are getting closer!  It is exciting and nerve-wracking and stressful all at the same time.  Some things I’ve learned so far:

  • I care more about the flooring in a house than I expected.  That wasn’t ever something I anticipated having a strong opinion on – boy was I wrong.  I’m pretty sure I’ve ruled out a house based solely on the floor alone as soon as we walked in.
  • I absolutely do not want any DIY projects.  I’m not even remotely interested in renovating a kitchen or floors or really even changing out light fixtures. #aintnobodygottimeforthat
  • I really value how a house looks from the outside and have been less than impressed with most of the exteriors we’ve seen…also the landscaping.  My gracious, people in Dallas do not know how to landscape a yard.  It is as if people have never heard of an actual flower bed… or shrubs…or the concept of putting pine straw in your beds instead of mulch.  Yuck.  I have a major mulch aversion. 

[THREE] – We are going to Top Golf tonight with our supper club friends, and I can’t wait!  It has been far too long since we all caught up.  One of the other couples is in the midst of a house hunt, and I can’t wait to compare notes. 

[FOUR] – I’m getting a haircut tomorrow, and I’ve never needed one so badly in my life.  I’m thinking something around the length of these -

Blog Randoms (left/right)

[FIVE] – I’m starting to get super excited about trips to College Station in the fall!  In just three short weeks we will be moving my sister into the dorm.  Cannot believe it!  I wrote all of the football games in my planner earlier this week, and that got me pretty fired up for football season as well.  See you soon Kyle Field!

IMG_0779

IMG_2777

Happy Friday and happy first day of August!  I love love love turning over my calendar on the first day of the month – off to do that now!

8 comments:

  1. I'll be at an A&M game this year! Just in Columbia, SC not in Texas. Don't worry - I will absolutely be cheering for A&M! Happy Friday :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I couldn't agree more with everything you said about house hunting! The floors do make a huge difference. I was also pretty picky with wanting updated appliances.

    ReplyDelete
  3. So exciting about your house hunting! I hope you find the perfect house for you very soon! We looked for months before finding "the one." Love the hair pictures and can't wait to see your new 'do! Have a great weekend and I'll be in touch soon about next Wednesday!

    xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  4. I'm getting my hair cut tomorrow too!! And I LOVE your hair inspiration - I wish I had your natural texture!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Happy Friday! I can only imagine how crazy I'll be when it comes time to house hunt! I am so so picky. I know you will find the perfect one out there! Also, can't wait to see your hair! Both of the inspiration photos are so cute.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I am the sameee way when it comes to house renovations! Luckily the one we found barely needs anything but paint.... and a kitchen. Ugh. But my husband swears him and his dad can do it himself and he wanted more of a DIY house so I guess it's a compromise haha. Can't wait to see how your hair turns out! Happy Friday :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Good luck with the house hunt...I'm sure it's super stressful, but exciting too!

    Also, love that snakeskin dress in the last pic!

    Just found your cute blog and can't wait to read more! Stop by mine and say hi sometime!

    ReplyDelete