Sunday, July 20, 2014

Girls’ Weekend in Dallas

Another whirlwind weekend is in the books!  I’m thrilled to be blogging about the weekend in a timely fashion rather than waiting until mid-week to do it.  Hopefully that bodes well for the chances of me blogging again this week.  {Side note: I’ll definitely be blogging for our book club link up on Wednesday!  Have you drafted your answers yet for your post?}

Two of my Jackson friends came to Dallas for the weekend, and my friend Cam and I had a great time trying our best to maximize their time in the big D.  Cam and I were Jackson friends first, but she moved to Dallas in 2011 shortly after I did.  Now if we could just get these other two over here!

Friday night we went to dinner at Rise.  I have been wanting to try this place for a long long time, and I was just thrilled to get to go with this fun group.  We had a wonderful time catching up, and we enjoyed some perfect patio weather.

(I really need to improve my iPhone photography – insert monkey emoji covering his mouth here!)

Rebecca in Dallas1

tiny bread for all//delightful cheese tray//creamed spinach soufflé//bread pudding soufflé

Rebecca in Dallas

Saturday morning we met at the George W. Bush Presidential Library & Museum to visit the brand new Oscar de la Renta exhibit.  It was amazing!  The lighting was not the best, and they did not allow a flash, so my pictures of the actual exhibit are sub-par.  We visited the rest of the museum as well, and I could have spent many more hours pouring over everything.  This was my first time to visit, but I know I’ll be back with Austin and at some point with my parents when they visit.  My dad is ALL about a museum.  Especially a GWB one.

IMG_4331   Rebecca in Dallas2 

IMG_4348

Collages

The museum had just about everything you can imagine from china displays to an interactive Decision Points room as well as several short movies throughout.

IMG_4355  

IMG_4360

I adore Laura’s china choice! 

0

IMG_4356

Of course we had to get an Oval Office pic.

IMG_4349

The 9/11 portion of the museum was incredibly moving, and we all had a few tears in our eyes during the movie in that section.  I was also fascinated by a giant terrorism timeline that ran underneath the large interactive map pictured above. 

IMG_4368

Clearly we love America!  Would you believe that we did not even plan our patriotic wardrobe choices?

After our morning at the museum, we had a delightful lunch on yet another patio at Gloria’s.  I cannot even believe how cool it was all day Saturday! 

IMG_4369

IMG_4370

We did a bit of strolling around lower Greenville after lunch and wound up at Steel City Pops.  I got to mark another place I’ve been dying to try off of my list, and I will definitely be back!  There are so many fun flavors to try.  I got coffee on Saturday, and it was a winner.  Rebecca tried watermelon, Cam tried caramel, and Eleanor had a chocolate chili pop – she was definitely the most adventurous with her choice. 

IMG_4372

We hopped over to Knox/Henderson and did some walking and shopping there before I had to leave to run home and get ready for a shower Austin and I attended Saturday night.  The rest of the girls went to a newer area in Dallas called Trinity Groves for dinner.  They gave the whole little cluster of restaurants over there rave reviews, so I’m definitely adding it to my never-ending list of places to go in Dallas. 

Sunday morning Rebecca and Cam met me at church and all was right in my world again.  I met Rebecca, Cam, and Eleanor at First Baptist Church in Jackson when I lived there for law school.  Now, Cam and I both go to First Baptist Dallas, and it was such a treat to have Rebecca here with us!    photo

See you Wednesday with my book review of The One & Only

7 comments:

  1. Sounds like it was a great weekend! Girl time is the best. Love your striped dress!

    ReplyDelete
  2. the striped dress is gorg! super cute for girls weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Everyone on your post has just the cutest outfits on! What a fun weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  4. What a perfect weekend!! I am loving the food you all had - YUM!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. So glad you had a great girls weekend! You have been a busy bee too so I'm glad to see you're getting some time to have fun too :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. I needed Laura to register with me for my wedding... loveee her china selection!! Looks like a fabulous time!!

    ReplyDelete