Monday, July 7, 2014

Fourth of July Weekend

Austin and I drove back to Dallas early on Sunday morning after a super relaxing few days at my parents’ house.  It was so relaxing that I barely wore real clothes or make up for two days straight, and therefore most of my pictures from the weekend are of all the delicious food we ate!  We have started a little tradition of celebrating the 4th at my parents’ house with my sisters and my brother-in-law, and it has quickly become one of my favorite weekends of the year. 

IMG_4298

We did squeeze in a few games of badminton and a walk around the neighborhood, but mostly we just ate, napped, and played dominoes and cards.  It was pretty much my idea of bliss!  Oh, and we got to meet Melanie and Clark’s new puppy, Riley, and he is just about the cutest thing I’ve ever seen!

July 20142

peach yogurt pops//red, white & blue pudding pops

July 2014

festive cookies & festive masons

July 20141

July 20143 

IMG_4277

IMG_4272

Friday afternoon Dad grilled burgers, hot dogs, and sausage, and we had an abundance of salads – potato salad, slaw, bean salad, and an enormous fruit salad in a watermelon.  On Saturday morning, we had the world’s best granola bar – why can’t this bowl of heaven be waiting for me every morning?  I’m still so full -   we also had a feast of enchiladas and guac on Saturday afternoon!   

July 20144  

July 20145

I will spare y’all the picture that my lovely sister took of me napping on the couch (still in my pajamas) and Austin napping on the floor next to the couch on Friday afternoon.  It really is something that the internet should never see. 

My brother-in-law Clark put it pretty well this weekend when he described our weekend as the summer version of Thanksgiving.  I definitely agree – tons of delicious food, but more importantly, a whole lot to be thankful for as Americans who are incredibly fortunate to live in the land of the free because of the brave. 

I hope I see y’all on Wednesday for our first book club link up!  I’m almost done with the book, and I’m a little baffled by it, but I’ll save my real thoughts for the link up later this month.  This Wednesday we’ll be posting the questions to include and answer in your July 23 post if you are linking up with us. 

9 comments:

  1. I had that same baffled feeling when I was reading the book too! Looks like y'all had some delicious food over the 4th :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yep, all of that food looks AMAZING. SUCH a fun weekend! xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. All of that food looks amazing! I'm ready for lunch now for sure ;) and how sweet is that baby pup?! So glad you had a great weekend! xo

    ReplyDelete
  4. That food looks so good! It was such a great holiday! SO happy you had a great weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Summer version of Thanksgiving... absolutely love it!! Sounds like you had a wonderful holiday :) :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. That looks like a delicious weekend!!

    ReplyDelete
  7. All of that food is making me so hungry! Sometimes no makeup and family time is just what we need. Glad it was a good one!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Oh my gosh, all of the food looks amazing! I swear all I did over the holiday was eat/drink so this week has been all about detoxing!

    ReplyDelete