Wednesday, July 16, 2014

A Very Belated Weekend Recap

Hello!  I can’t believe it is Wednesday and I’m just now blogging about our fun weekend in Austin.  We did something we have never done in Austin before and spent the whole weekend with our friends.  Usually, we are in Austin to see my in-laws, but this time it was fun to stay with our friends Billy and Carly since we were there for a wedding party/reception for a mutual friend. 

We drove down on Friday after work and thankfully did not run into the awful traffic that can usually be found on I-35 on a Friday evening.  Carly was rolling out some homemade pizza crusts when we arrived, and we grilled pizza for dinner.  Grilling is definitely the way to go – the crust was perfect and crispy.  Sometimes when I cook homemade pizza in the oven, the crust doesn’t get quite as crispy as I would like it.

Austin with B&C

Also, have you ever seen anything cuter than those little bird charms?  I just die over them!

Austin with B&C1

There was even a teeny tiny baby pizza from leftover crust, and I made Carly pose for a picture with it for my sister Melanie, lover of all things tiny.

Austin with B&C2

Our friends Kyle and Kayla came over Friday night for pizza, too, and we all stayed up talking until almost 2am!  I was shocked that I stayed awake that late, but it was so good catching up.  We haven’t all been together for a significant amount of time since our trip to Possum Kingdom last summer.

Billy and Carly just bought a super cute new house, and they have a great deck where we spent a lot of time that night.  Oh, and speaking of their new house – I kind of fell in love with Carly’s pantry, so I told her I had to take a picture of it for the blog.  Totally impressive, right?!

Austin with B&C3

Somehow we still managed to get up somewhat early on Saturday morning for a run at the hike and bike trail in downtown Austin.  We all managed to eek out three miles, and then we rewarded ourselves with brunch at the cutest place ever, Annie’s.  Go there if you are ever in Austin! 

Austin with B&C4 

IMG_4322

We were looking pretty rough after our hot and sweaty run, so I focused my picture taking on the food and yummy coffee we ordered. 

After brunch, we went paddle boarding!  I have been wanting to try this FOREVER, and I’m so glad we did it.  It was super fun, and it was kind of an arm workout as well.  I’m sad that I don’t have any pictures of that adventure, but I did not want to risk taking my phone or my nice camera out on the water. 

We were pretty exhausted from all of our outdoor adventures, and once we got back to B&C’s house, we walked to a very Austin-esque juice shop and got the most refreshing juices and smoothies.  Mine had peaches and watermelon, and it was so delish.  I would be in trouble with one of these shops within walking distance of my house!  (Juice pic is up with Carly and the baby pizza – I put those by each other because I thought the juice matched Carly’s cute shorts!)   

Austin with B&C5

We got cleaned up and rested a bit before getting ready to head back downtown for a party celebrating a high school friend of Austin, Billy, and Carly.  Their friend Melanie got married in California a few weeks ago, and her parents hosted a party in Austin for family and friends to celebrate.  It was pretty much a high school reunion for the Austin crew, and we all had a great time hanging out on the patio at Z Tejas for 5 hours! 

Sunday we came back to Dallas just in time to meet some couples from our Sunday school class for lunch and to help with a birthday party at Dallas Life.  This is a new undertaking for our class, and I’m so glad we are doing it!  I think the kids at the party had a fun, although very hot, time, and we were glad we got to be there. 

Since then we have been catching up on laundry and things around the house (so exciting, right?), looking at houses for our upcoming move this fall, and working, of course.  I hope to pop in Friday and link up with the ladies of “Oh Hey Friday.”  Hopefully I can catch up on reading some of my favorite blogs in the meantime!  

5 comments:

  1. I love Annie's! What a perfect Austin weekend. xoxo!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh my.... I am swooning over Carly’s pantry..... I don't know what I love more, how healthy she is or those mason jars! Also, that brunch looks amazing!! So glad you had so much fun!

    ReplyDelete
  3. A perfect recap of the weekend...we are missing it already! I hope we can make it more of a regular thing. Keep us updated on the house search :)

    -B&C (love this by the way!)

    P.S Thank you again for the housewarming gift, we plan on breaking open the wine this weekend and Billy already has plans for those perfect square ice cubes;)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wow, what an awesome weekend! I hope this weekend is just as fabulous! xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  5. That pizza looks amazing! As does the brunch! Happy Friday! xo

    ReplyDelete