Tuesday, June 10, 2014

Mary Katherine’s Graduation Weekend

We had so much fun (and took so many pictures!) this past weekend that I couldn’t even get my act together and get this blog post done on Monday, but here I am to recap my little sister’s high school graduation.  I cannot believe she is going to college in mere months!

IMG_4131

IMG_4108 IMG_4109

All of our grandparents came to town for the big event, and it was wonderful to get to spend some time visiting and playing cards with them this weekend as we celebrated Mary Katherine. 

The graduation ceremony was on Saturday morning, and we were so proud of MK graduating #3 in her class, doing a wonderful job singing the national anthem with the choir, and giving the benediction.  Once it was over we all came back to Mom and Dad’s house for a party! 

IMG_4116 IMG_4120

IMG_4137

IMG_4140 Three of Kendra’s biggest fans!

The party theme was all things Aggie since MK is headed to College Station to attend Texas A&M in the fall (Whoop!). 

IMG_4122 IMG_4124

IMG_4126 IMG_4128

IMG_4143

IMG_4151 IMG_4161

IMG_4142 IMG_4154

That water was so delicious – I wish I had a giant vat of it sitting around at all times.  MK made ice cubes with lemons, strawberries, and mint.  We enjoyed some delicious barbecue and some amazing desserts.   The maroon and white cake has to be my favorite- I just die over that little bunting on top and the fact that the cake had maroon and white inside!  Mom also made some tiny chocolate pies that were to die for and some fun sugar cookie ice cream sandwiches.

IMG_4158 IMG_4177

Saturday afternoon after the party was so relaxing and fun as we sat around visiting with the grandparents.  We played Skip Bo and Shanghai that afternoon/evening, and it was just the best day.  We watched the Belmont and were so sad that California Chrome didn’t pull off the Triple Crown win! 

By Sunday all of my grandparents had left, but Melanie and Austin and I were all still there to go to church and have lunch before Austin and I had to head back to Dallas.  We ate another giant and wonderful meal after church for lunch and then we hit the road.  I am always sad to leave my favorite place and my favorite people, but we will be back in just a few weeks!  This weekend was a perfect celebration for Mary Katherine, and we are so excited (and slightly jealous!) for her as she gets ready to head to Aggieland in just a few months. 

IMG_4178

4 comments:

  1. Congrats to Mary Katherine!!! I am loving all of the Aggie decor!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love the party theme!! The decorations and food all fit together perfect!

    ReplyDelete
  3. You have such a beautiful family! The party seems like it went fabulously and all of the food looks amazing! Congratulations to your family :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wow! That was a great celebration. College can either be misconstrued or taken for granted, but what is often missed is how much of a phase it is our whole life. That is why it should be amply supported and sustained. Congratulations to your sister. :)

    John McDonough @ The Studemont Group

    ReplyDelete