Monday, June 23, 2014

#EmHenGeauxsBurch & NOLA Weekend

Austin and I are back in Dallas after a whirlwind weekend in south Louisiana that started bright and early on Friday morning.  One of my best friends from law school got married in Baton Rouge on Friday night, and we spent the rest of the weekend in New Orleans after attending her beautiful wedding. 

Emily's Wedding and NOLA IMG_4207

Emily's Wedding and NOLA1

Loved getting to catch up with some of my law school friends!

IMG_4214 IMG_4217 IMG_4218

Saturday morning we hit the road for the short trip from BR to NOLA and barely made our brunch reservations at the Court of Two Sisters.  We had to make a non-negotiable stop at the best coffee shop ever on our way out of town – CC’s!  Oh how I wish these existed in Dallas.  This was one of two delightful cafe au laits that we enjoyed this weekend. 

Emily's Wedding and NOLA2

Thankfully, we still made it to NOLA just in the nick of time for our reservation, and we then proceeded to have quite the brunch feast while enjoying one amazing courtyard.  I’m not sure much else is as quintessentially New Orleans as that courtyard.  These are just two of many plates.   

Emily's Wedding and NOLA3

Emily's Wedding and NOLA4

We wandered around the French Quarter for a little while before checking into our hotel and enjoying the nice cool air conditioning for the hottest part of the afternoon.  Austin had never been to NOLA, so we went back out later that afternoon for some more walking.  We ended up at Drago’s and ate my favorite oysters in all the world for an afternoon snack. 

IMG_4236 

IMG_4238

After going through all of my pictures, I’m kicking myself for not getting a picture of our Saturday night dinner with my GJ and her husband at one of my favorite NOLA restaurants.  We had a wonderful dinner with them at Cafe Degas and loved getting to visit, catch up, and hear about her next big adventure -  she goes on the best trips.  I’m so sad we didn’t get a picture!

Sunday morning we made it a point to arrive at our last stop – Cafe Du Monde – early to try and beat the crowds and the heat.  The cafe au lait was as good as ever, and of course the beignets were such a treat.

Emily's Wedding and NOLA5

Beignets and cafe au lait definitely take the cake for the best road trip fuel ever.  We took in some early morning views of Jackson Square before we hit the road for the long drive back to Dallas. I’m getting full just typing up this post and looking at all the delicious food we ate this weekend.  A week of veggies and little else is probably in order! 

IMG_4249

IMG_4252  IMG_4250 IMG_4251

7 comments:

  1. girl. your food pictures almost had me licking the computer screen!

    ReplyDelete
  2. You know I love your blog! It's one of my favs! Glad to see y'all enjoyed Nola this weekend. Ironically, my parents got engaged at the Court of Two Sisters and celebrated their 30th wedding anniversary there this weekend! I heard the brunch was amazing!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Those food pictures though...YUM! Looks like an amazing weekend in NOLA -- I would love to go! xo

    ReplyDelete
  4. Girllllll... these food photos... they've got me drooling!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. That food looks great! So happy you had a great weekend in NOLA :) Hugs!

    ReplyDelete
  6. What an amazing weekend! So glad ya'll had a great time :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Love these pics, Em! Miss you already!!

    ReplyDelete