Friday, June 27, 2014

Bullets on a Friday

  • I picked up my book for our book club earlier this week!  Can’t wait to dive into this little guy this weekend.  Hope you’re planning to join us for the first edition of Blogger Bookworms :) 
BloggerBookwormsIcon
  • Today I’m having lunch with a friend, and tomorrow Austin and I are going to brunch with some friends from A&M who have recently moved back to the DFW area – I’m so excited about both! 
  • We are also tentatively planning on looking at some houses tomorrow afternoon – I think I’m equal parts nervous and excited about that. 
  • My dad was in town for a meeting one day earlier this week, and Austin and I got to meet him for lunch.  I made us BLTs, and then I remembered how much I love a good BLT!  These were my first ones to make of the summer, and that is definitely going to have to be more of a regular occurrence.  Next time I’m going to have to add basil mayo back into my life for sure. 
  • I made some zucchini bread with oatmeal, raisins, and walnuts this morning, and the whole apartment is smelling so good right about now. 
IMG_4255
  • Last week on our road trip to Louisiana, I devoured my July Southern Living.  I think I tore out more pages than I left in for my “inspiration folder.”  I died over Lindsay Bierman’s home and the feature on P.Allen Smith’s Arkansas farm.  So amazing.  We are trying one of the pasta salad recipes from SL tonight for supper as well – hope it turns out tasty!
Have a happy Friday!

4 comments:

  1. Nothing beats a BLT in the summer! Also, that zucchini bread looks amazing! I sometimes get Fresh Markets version but have never thought about making my own. Yours look delicious!

    ReplyDelete
  2. So exciting that you are house hunting! Zuc bread looks amazing and let's get real...who doesn't love a good BLT? Have a great weekend and hope you find the house of your dreams!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hope house hunting went well! We are going tomorrow - fingers crossed!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi there, that zucchini bread looks delicious. I would love to try and make it myself, is this your recipe? Consider me your newest follower through GFC & twitter.

    -Rosy
    A Joyful Kind of Life

    ReplyDelete