Friday, June 6, 2014

5 on Friday – Vol. 36

Happy Friday to all of you and to the lovely hostesses of 5 on Friday - A.Liz Adventures, Carolina Charm, The Good Life, and Hello Happiness!

image

ONE//party time

This weekend we are headed to east Texas for my sister Mary Katherine’s graduation weekend!  Tomorrow we will watch her graduate (3rd in her class – so proud of that!!) and celebrate with lots of other family in town at what I know is going to be such a cute party!  We are absolutely thrilled to have another Aggie in the family, and so excited to kick off these weekend festivities.  I’m sure I will have lots of pics to share next week! 

IMG_4104

TWO//pretty paper

Well I’m obviously partial to the Aggie-themed invitation above and think it is pretty darn cute, but I also got a summery card this week from my mom that I love.  Summer is here in full force in Dallas, and June’s card fits perfectly with that!

IMG_4101

THREE//presents

These little guys have been sitting on my dresser for a while now, and I’m excited to finally deliver them this weekend – one as an early Father’s Day gift for my dad and the other for the graduate.

IMG_4102 IMG_4103

FOUR//new plants

I rediscovered the truth that a plant can really wake up a room this week when I took my new ivy plant up to my office.  I hope it flourishes!  I got it at the farmers market a few weeks ago, and I love how it looks in my windowsill.  I also picked up a new asparagus fern at the farmers market recently and put it in one of my favorite pots on our porch.  I cannot wait to have more space and better light for plants and hopefully a garden, even if just an herb garden, one day soon!

photo IMG_4100

FIVE//a new favorite

I’m not sure if I’ve every mentioned my love of cereal on the blog before, but it is safe to say I’m a pretty big fan.  Cereal tends to be my go-to dinner of choice when Austin is not home in the evenings.  I don’t really eat it for breakfast all that often, but sometimes when I get home from work all I want is a big cold bowl of cereal!  Anyway, meet my new favorite, Cinnamon Chex.  If you are a fellow cereal lover, do yourself a favor and get you some.  This right here might be the reason I keep putting off a whole 30 challenge…

IMG_4107

Happy Friday!  See you Monday with scenes from MK’s graduation weekend. 

5 comments:

  1. Such pretty packages! And Happy Graduation to your sweet sister! xo

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm a HUGE cereal fan, too! I couldn't tell you the last day that I didn't eat a bowl of cereal, ha! I usually stick to all the Cheerio's (since there's like 15 different kinds!) but next week I'm getting the cinnamon Chex! Have a wonderful weekend and congratulations to your sister :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love cereal! Your presents look absolutely adorable! Have a great weekend celebrating!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Girlfriend!! I need some serious Father's Day gift ideas!! My dad is so hard to shop for...

    ReplyDelete