Thursday, May 8, 2014

Thoughts on Blogging

I keep feeling disappointed in myself for not getting a middle of the week blog post up these past few weeks, but I really just don’t have a lot going on that is super fun to post about.  I never want to blog just to blog, but I would rather blog when I have interesting, fun, or pretty things to blog about! 

Lately I’ve only been able to do a Monday post recapping the weekend and the Five on Friday link-up, which I love participating in as a way to pop in with a quick Friday post on five fun things.  There are so many link ups that happen during the week that I may try to plan to participate in in weeks to come, but I have been thinking a lot about the blog in the last few weeks, and decided that it is important to me never to post just for the sake of posting. 

It is also important to me that when I do post, my posts have good pictures and good content.  Those two elements are in blog posts that I enjoy reading, and I never want to write a post that I don’t enjoy reading myself.  For me, I think that means less frequent posting but putting more time and effort into when I do post. 

Blogging is not my livelihood, and it is not at the tip-top of my priority list.  I love the connections I’ve made through the blog and that people other than my mom, grandmothers, and father-in-law occasionally read what I post here, but I don’t want to get too caught up in any of that.  I value good content on my blog more than a rigid posting schedule that would probably be crucial if my goal was to grow my blog into something more. 

So, although I woke up thinking “I have to blog this morning because I didn’t yesterday!” I think I’m going to focus on tomorrow’s post and let this be it for today.  I am working on a new blog design, and I think that will give me a little pep in my blogging step to amp things up around here when it finally happens.  Thanks for letting me share this morning! Have a delightful Thursday.   

Be. {picture source}

6 comments:

  1. Love your heart. And how exciting about a redesign! Can't wait to see!!! xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. love your honesty girly. and that quote.
    perfect post ;)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Right there with you! I've been struggling lately, too. Not all of my everyday life is that interesting or blog-worthy...it's just normal, everyday, routine life! Most of the time I'm okay not blogging, but if I go too long I get the "I should blog" guilt. Hope you're having a great week. : )

    ReplyDelete
  4. try linking up with me & three other girls for #trending tuesday. info on my blog! xo

    ReplyDelete
  5. Love this post. I was just thinking the same things. Thanks for sharing your heart. Have a beautiful day!

    ReplyDelete