Friday, May 2, 2014

5 on Friday – Vol. 33

Happy Friday to all of you and to the lovely hostesses of 5 on Friday - A.Liz Adventures, Carolina Charm, The Good Life, and Hello Happiness!

image

Gosh, I can’t believe I let another week slip by with only a Monday blog post.  Things have been pretty crazy here for two reasons… first of all, Austin has been working some crazy hours this week (as in working from 8:30 a.m. to midnight), but thankfully that is officially over as of yesterday! 

{ONE} And second of all, I got a new job!  (my pretty tulips from last week’s 5oF were celebration flowers from Austin!) As of today I have one more week at my current job, but the new job has been several weeks in the making, and I am so very thankful and excited!  I make it a point to not talk too much about work on the blog, but I just have to say that God is SO faithful, and I have been in a state of awe for the past few weeks seeing what He has done and how He has orchestrated all of this after much prayer and waiting.  (source)

waiting quote  

{TWO} Baby Jude’s shower is tomorrow afternoon, and my free time today and tomorrow morning is going to be spent getting ready for that.  I can’t wait!  I’ve got balloons and flowers to pick up, cupcakes to bake and decorate, a gift to wrap, and I’m making Jenna’s yummy dip for a veggie tray as well.  I just know I’m going to be counting the minutes today until it is time to come home and get busy in the kitchen.  Here’s a little sneak peek at some of the things that Mom and I worked on last weekend.  Can’t wait to see it all come together!  It has been so fun to plan a girl shower and a boy shower this spring – baby Jude’s shower is going to be a fun, boyish counterpart to baby Kalli’s girly shower from April! 

IMG_3871

{THREE}  The weather in Dallas has been PERFECT this week – slightly cool but sunny and just so pleasant.  Austin and I celebrated the end of his busy season at work with one of our favorite things to do – coffee on the porch – this morning.  I may have mentioned before, but we are getting ready for a house hunt in the late summer/early fall, and my mom recently asked me what my top three “must haves” in a house would be.  I think a porch is on that list.  Our “porch” now is a tiny apartment porch, and I so want to have a nice big porch that we can spend lots of time on and truly enjoy when we buy a house. 

IMG_3866 IMG_3868

{FOUR} I’m kind of excited about the next few meals in my life – I have a lunch planned today with one of my old co-workers at one of my favorite lunch spots, Celebrity.  Tomorrow morning Austin and I are having brunch with some friends, and then Sunday after church, we are going to lunch with some friends from church to celebrate their son’s baptism.  Plus, shower food ranks pretty darn high on my list of favorite types of food to eat, so tomorrow should be a pretty good day, food-wise! 

{FIVE} If we have aren’t completely exhausted, we are going to try to finally go see “God’s Not Dead” on Saturday evening.  I have heard such good things about it, and both of us have been wanting to see it for weeks!  We hardly ever make it to the movies, but hopefully we can enjoy a little movie date to see this one tomorrow. 

Gods-not-Dead

Happy Friday!!  Can’t wait to read all of your 5 on Friday posts today and this weekend :)

9 comments:

  1. I am so jealous of the weather that you've been having! It's been cloudy, rainy, and thunderstormy here since Monday. Hopefully it clears up this weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Congratulations on the new job! So, so exciting! Hope you have the best weekend and a great last week at your current job!
    xo

    ReplyDelete
  3. That is wonderful about your new job, congratulations!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Congratulations on the new job - that's wonderful!! And morning coffee on the porch - that is definitely a must for the new house! Hope you have a great weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Wonderful news! Congratulations on your new job!! I've been wanting to see God's Not Dead as well...Have fun!

    Katelyn

    ReplyDelete
  6. Congratulations on the new job!! So exciting! We still need to see God's Not Dead.. never seems like there is any free time though! Hope the shower goes well this weekend :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. CONGRATS on the new job!! How exciting!! I'm glad those crazy long hours are over for your husband now! Sounds like you have many reasons to smile today for sure! ;) Enjoy that perfect weather and have a fabulous weekend!! xxoo

    ReplyDelete
  8. Congrats on the new job!! That is so exciting! I've heard great things about God's Not Dead - looking forward to hearing if you like it! xo

    ReplyDelete
  9. Congratulations on the new job!! That's such a huge deal! :) And the baby shower decor is so adorable! Love it!

    I found you through the link up! I hope you have a great weekend! :)

    ReplyDelete