Thursday, April 10, 2014

How is it already Thursday?!

To say that this week has gotten away from me is a bit of an understatement at this point considering my computer went to “sleep” on Monday with an empty blog screen.  Here I am on Thursday finally sitting down to blog. 

Well where to even begin?  I guess I’ll start with our weekend.  Saturday was cold and rainy and it was pretty miserable being outside for the second play day that I attended as part of my provisional project for JL.  We ended early, thank goodness, and I spent the rest of the afternoon trying to get warm!  I cooked us some supper Saturday night, and we played Phase 10 – wild night. 

Sunday was a whirlwind of a day that we started at church.  After church, we ventured out into the still wet and cold weather for a little lunch date at Panera and a few errands at the mall.  We didn’t stay long (and I still don’t have an Easter dress – eek!) but came home to do a few quick things around the house and get ready to go back to church. 

Our Discipleship University class called “The Marriage Project” came to an end on Sunday night.  We sure will miss the fun Sunday evening adventures and surprise date nights!  This last class was a painting class, and we had a ball.  Austin and I had to share one canvas, and I was so reluctant to let him hold the paintbrush at all (#controlfreak #perfectionist) but I was pleasantly surprised when I did finally hand it over.  Exhibit A:

BT insta

But, we rallied and ended up actually doing it together like we were supposed to – a Sunday night miracle!  Now we have a cute little Monet-inspired canvas to frame and hang somewhere. 

IMG_3741
IMG_3742 IMG_3743
IMG_3746
IMG_3740

I’ve probably said this a million times, but I’m so thankful for our church and all of the fun things they plan for our department of young marrieds! 

Monday – Wednesday kind of just flew by in a blur – I did go to a women’s event at church on Tuesday night with a friend from work that was pretty awesome.  Our church hosted Priscilla Shirer for one of her Awaken events that she does all over DFW.  I love her teaching, and hearing her in person was a treat!  It made for a late night, but it was worth it.  She taught the story of Jesus turning water to wine at a wedding reception (from John 2) in a way that I had never heard before – so good. 

Ok I’m off to make a birthday card and put together some lasagna that I can pop into the oven tonight for our supper!  See y’all tomorrow for 5 on Friday! 

1 comment:

  1. Looks like a great weekend! This week has seemed to drag, but now that it's actually Thursday, I feel like its flown by!
    And yum to that lasagna!
    xo

    ReplyDelete